Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been noticing over the last several fill ups that my mpg is starting to slowly decrease. At the same time I am starting to see a little bit of blue haze when I start the truck and some black smoke even. Seeing the smoke after I give it a little rev up as the rpms come back down. Truck supposedly has 8 new injectors from Ford in it, so hoping it is not stiction already. Checked a few items on my Torque app last night, delta is 9 degrees 190 ECT/ 181 EOT, FICM 48.5 running, HPOP 1200 at 1700 rpms. Seeing a little bit of dried coolant around the cap on the coolant tank but it is just a bit over full and has a new cap. I am hoping to pop the EGR valve out this weekend to see if it is wet. EBP was around 21 psi cruising with 4" turbo back exhaust system. Torque is not reading any cylinder misfires and truck seems to run smooth and have decent power. Stock size 17" tires and I drive like a little old lady most of the time. Truck was getting any where from 17.2 to 16.5 mpg as little as a month ago and was down to 15.5 this last tank. Any ideas where I should start my search?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So the temp was down quite a bit this morning and when I started the truck up I got a cloud of black smoke that switched over to blue. That would be an injector starting to act up correct? Started putting 2 and 2 together and started to notice the smoke when I stopped plugging truck in at night.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update: Plugged truck in overnight and when I started it this morning no smoke of any kind. That puts the probability of it being injector issue at top of list correct?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sigh... no I haven't yet. This damn race car is gobbling up all my free time this spring. I do have a weekend off coming up and it is on my list of things to do :) Just don't know what to do if it is injectors. I mean supposedly they were all replaced this winter so they should be under warranty, but I betcha they make me pay the labor. If that is the case I might just leave em alone and start saving pennies for better quality sticks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts