Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Going Crazy
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as i posted a while ago i interviewed in New Orleans a couple weeks ago and I got the job.... So i will be moving down that way come mid june and have some questions for anyone down that way..

First off im worried about emissions testing, i was looking through the laws but cant seem to figure out what all my truck would be required to have..?

second is Tint laws, i was planning on getting my truck and car tinted but dont know how strict they are down there so any advice is welcome..

any other comments or advice is much appreciated as im throwing myself in to a whole new world lol

Thanks guys!

·
King Dingaling
9,386 Posts
I only know one thing about this state so far......welcome to the hood,....

....where tint isn't an issue, and crime always pays.....

oh...and crawfish....

·
I Just Break Stuff
2,201 Posts
And crime always pays. LOLLOL

·
Going Crazy
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol well first thing im doin it getting my CC and a new XD :D

and i look forward to meeting the psn crew down there.... gotta have buddies that can help me fix this damn truck thats always broke !

So will i have to pass an emmisions test?

·
King Dingaling
9,386 Posts
If you are registered here,..I think they have so sort of "brake tag" thing...which means emissions...but I'm not positive.

·
Going Crazy
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you are registered here,..I think they have so sort of "brake tag" thing...which means emissions...but I'm not positive.
Hmmm i really dont wana have to put a cat and muffler of just for inspections, i will probably get an emmissions tune if i have to i guess

·
<<< just like that......
810 Posts
My 01 had 2.5% presidential on it and 30% on the windshield...I work literally right across the road from one of the state boys office, never had a problem. I have no idea on emissions testing, I pay my 10 dollars and get an inspection sticker LOL. I avoid N.O. as much as possible. Like tank said, crime pays down there, that's no joke either..

·
King Dingaling
9,386 Posts
I don't think you have to worry about it,..I don't know of any of the guys around here with cats,..but like I said...crime pays...and most the shops around here do the inspections...slip them a 10...and they'll pass you...LOL

·
Going Crazy
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im gunna try and stay out of N.O as much as i can.... i will be working in reserve but gotta find a place to live hopefully where i wont be robbed or shot

·
<<< just like that......
810 Posts
im gunna try and stay out of N.O as much as i can.... i will be working in reserve but gotta find a place to live hopefully where i wont be robbed or shot
Cool deal man. If you need anything, shoot a pm. Also, you have to visit the abita brewery.....my favorite is abita amber. Some very good beer. I hope you like to drink, south LA is composed of alcoholics LOL...

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Keep your truck registered in Oregon... it will be cheaper in every respect.

·
Going Crazy
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Keep your truck registered in Oregon... it will be cheaper in every respect.
I had thought about that but i think they frown upon that...

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
I had thought about that but i think they frown upon that...
trust me... keep a PO box or your moms address or something. I know of someone close to me who is registered at my house for the last 5 years!

·
King Dingaling
9,386 Posts
I have just the place for you.

beautiful 3 bedroom, 2 bath, house in Chalmette. Corner lot, shop workshop, carport, fenced in back yard.

for sale $122,000 or $1,200 a month plus utilities...

Let me know

·
Going Crazy
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have just the place for you.

beautiful 3 bedroom, 2 bath, house in Chalmette. Corner lot, shop workshop, carport, fenced in back yard.

for sale $122,000 or $1,200 a month plus utilities...

Let me know
Pm'd

Wish i was gunna be down for the Bash ..... maybe next year

·
Waitin' on 500
2,109 Posts
the only thing you have to worry about is alligators and hurricanes.... All else is fair game.

·
Gandy Dancer
5,972 Posts
the only thing you have to worry about is alligators and hurricanes.... All else is fair game.
And learning to spell anything that sounds like it ends with an 'O'........ 'eaux'. :D

Oh yeah, and 'bayou sale' is pronounced........... 'bayou sal.' LOL

·
King Dingaling
9,386 Posts
another one....poor annunciation, or just plain using the wrong words.

" I'm going to get my hair did"
" What'd he did?"
" what did he said?"

and it has nothing to do with race...black, white, yellow,..they all talk like this...

these morons must be afraid of the words "do" or "say"...because it makes them sound ignorant the way they talk here.

·
<<< just like that......
810 Posts
another one....poor annunciation, or just plain using the wrong words.

" I'm going to get my hair did"
" What'd he did?"
" what did he said?"

and it has nothing to do with race...black, white, yellow,..they all talk like this...

these morons must be afraid of the words "do" or "say"...because it makes them sound ignorant the way they talk here.
LOL, I've been asked to stop speaking spanish in Kentucky before at the NAILE. I kid you not. Coming from Oregon, it will be fun to watch him ask for directions/try to interpret them. I can't say anything, my accent is terrible as well.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts