Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vehicle Car Auto part Mid-size car Compact car
well after getting tired of seeing my switch hanging on my steering column I decided to mount it for good this time. I decided to use the little vent that sits next to the steering column on the ignition side. Took a pair of dikes and a rat tail file and this is what I came up with. Just figured I would share with everyone

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm sure you could I just didn't have a drill at the time. It works great just have to make sure you use the top two notches otherwise there's a rail on the inside that stops the switch from going in far enough to get any threads for the nut to go on

·
Registered
45 Posts
Nice job.

I was thinking of doing this, but I want it out of sight. Im going to make a bracket underneath the dash so its not visible, but within reach to change the tunes. I have the no start option, so I woudlnt want it visible to all.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
unless the no start option is labeled on the switch or where its mounted anyone who tries to steal it isn't going to think "may be that switch is y its not starting"

·
Registered
45 Posts
unless the no start option is labeled on the switch or where its mounted anyone who tries to steal it isn't going to think "may be that switch is y its not starting"
If thief's can disconnect alarms/lojacks, I am sure they will think of this if they don't know.... 6 Pos chips have been around a long time now.. I would start turning it...hell...let my buddy borrow my truck and he was switching tunes without knowing what it was.

To each their own though.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
But honestly how may theves know about 6 position diesel chips. Heck most of them couldnt even determain whether or not it a diesel to begin with but like you said to each there own

1 - 7 of 7 Posts