Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short, my dad was moved into a alzheimers home a few months ago, and when cleaning out his house I found this older Cobra 25 CB. I have no real use for a CB these days, used them alot when I was doing HWY work, but cell's have all but replaced them.

But it was his, and about the only thing I got out of the house so...

I need to drill a new hole in the mounting bracket to have the CB sit more parallel to the truck, but it fits good there.

Going to get a mount that puts it out on the front drivers side fender, had one on my 97 and it seemed to work good...

Tell you what, I am running out of space to put crap!LOL

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
Tell you what, I am running out of space to put crap!LOL
You ain't kidding LOL

Now what are you gonna do when it comes to adding some more gauges :poke:

Looks good though, and now ya got one of the best radar detectors out there

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You ain't kidding LOL

Now what are you gonna do when it comes to adding some more gauges :poke:

Looks good though, and now ya got one of the best radar detectors out there

NO MORE GAUGES!!!LOL

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
looking good. Have to ask, where did you get that switch panel for the 6 toggle switches?
A boat shop in Astoria OR... I cant recall the name of the place. I have to pull the switch panel in the next few days, I'll look and see who makes it.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Question... Can I hook up the power without the antenna? I seem to recall someone saying something about not trying to transmit without the antenna installed...

·
Registered
130 Posts
DO NOT key up the mike without an antenna unless you wanna destroy your finals. What kind of antenna are you going to run?

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DO NOT key up the mike without an antenna unless you wanna destroy your finals. What kind of antenna are you going to run?

Basicly a mount and antenna just like the one on my OBS truck...

Worked good for me then...

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
id get a gumdrop mount and put it in the center of the front of your box, astetically it would look much better, just my .02

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
got a pic??? How good would it ground on a aluminum tool box?

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
i beleive it all grounds through the coax to the radio but im not sure, i ran a ground wire from the antenna to my front of the box on my pickup to make sure, if u pm me ur number ill send u a couple pics off my phone

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mounted the antenna this weekend... Got board at the hotel.

Cable is about 18" short...:doh:

Attachments

·
The Fireman
4,810 Posts
Looks nice Joe

If i remember right the antenna is grounded through the cable. Most wipes like that have plastic around the mount and the antenna so it don't get any interference. Remember to set your out standing wave or you will fry the radio

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looks nice Joe

If i remember right the antenna is grounded through the cable. Most wipes like that have plastic around the mount and the antenna so it don't get any interference. Remember to set your out standing wave or you will fry the radio
Ya, I still need about 18" of cable... but working on no money right now, $50 bucks for the rest of the week...:blah:

And I dont want to call the wife for more allowance.:doh:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts