Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the existing carpet on the rear panels with MDF, wrapped them in fabric and secured the panels to the rear doors.I fiberglassed them up to become one with the rear doors and painted them to match exterior paint. I put a layer of dynamat on the insides of the doors as well. These hit really hard, I am impressed with the sound and I still have all my space in back.

Bobby

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
SWEET!!!!!

Nice work.

An other good spot if you go to a swing out tire is to use its hoeld as a sub box. I am planning installing one as you ahve done but I doubt I will go as far and do such a nice job. Likely stay with the stock carpet with them mounted.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Thats sweet looking. How heavy are your subs. I have the P3's 12" and they are pretty heavy and i would worry about riping the pannel of the door. Would you ever consider making more sets and selling them?

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
very nice, love seeing this kinda stuff getting done :ford:

sweet way to get some bass without loosing too much space.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Beautiful work! How much cubic space do you have on each?

·
Jack Ken
215 Posts
Ill take a pair of doors in dark please!!! That is sick looking

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thats sweet looking. How heavy are your subs. I have the P3's 12" and they are pretty heavy and i would worry about riping the pannel of the door. Would you ever consider making more sets and selling them?
The subs are about 9.5lbs each. The panels are not removable anymore, they are completely fiberglassed to each door, so no worries about them coming off. I first secured the panels through the mdf into the doors with screws. There is metal inside both doors nearest the hinges, and I used a hardwood block on the opposite side. I then fiberglassed the panels to the doors.

Beautiful work! How much cubic space do you have on each?
I did a rough estimate of each door, and the left door has about 2.2 cu ft, the right is around 2.0

I wish I could make more of these for people because it was fairly easy, but I would need the complete doors to do this.

Bobby

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea, you could just fiberglass the panels themselves and use screws to secure them, or even wrap them in tweed, leather carpet etc. I'm sure there are several ways this can be done. I completely sealed these doors up the best I could to get the best bass out of them, and to have the cleanest look. You would have to use several screws to make sure these are secure enough to hold a 9lb+ sub, and not vibrate like crazy.

Bobby

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
You cold make a nice niche product. May be worth thinking about it and finding a way to do it using one as a template. You could then possible expand to other vehicle or areas forother pieces. Could make you some extra $$

·
Registered
400 Posts
You cold make a nice niche product. May be worth thinking about it and finding a way to do it using one as a template. You could then possible expand to other vehicle or areas forother pieces. Could make you some extra $$
True! you could always gellcoat and make a mold for them :) Kinda a PITA though. Plus another thing to clutter the garage. For your cubic space, I bet they slam I only have .70 per sub in my truck and they kick but they run out of air space still.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
True! you could always gellcoat and make a mold for them :) Kinda a PITA though. Plus another thing to clutter the garage. For your cubic space, I bet they slam I only have .70 per sub in my truck and they kick but they run out of air space still.
That is why some really like using the spare tire cover as a place for a sub. That is if you pull the spare tire. That of course is for those that put in swing gate or roof mount. I plan on doing that with the tire as a 40 is not going to be fitting in the stock position anyways :D But not sure I will make it a sub box of take it out for the room or other gear.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts