Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past Friday I gave MeCree Ford a call they told me :eek:$25.00 each for glow plugs. Well I gave AutoZone a call just to see what they had, the guy told me they had Autolite glow plugs. But he would have to order them I went in yesterday morning and ordered them around 9:00am at 2:00 yesterday they came in. Guess what? Motorcraft Ford Motor Company Made in Germany part# ZD-9 @ :D$9.99 each. Total for all 8 $79.92
AutoZone has there own part number for them it is 1108 autolite

·
<--before leveler & block
852 Posts
Same here! A week ago or so i went to Orielly's and got the ford Beru germany or w/e glow plugs for 13 bucks each vs. the dealership (or stealership?) for 25 bucks each!

·
<--before leveler & block
852 Posts
The ones that were in my truck were all motorcraft but there was a few bad ones.

Also, Orielly's had them in stock! Ever since they changed from Checker auto parts to Orielly's they have had them. Never called the Zone about them though.

I bought a couple motorcraft glow plugs about 6 months ago from Ford and they come in the same exact little plastic baggy as Orielly does.

Makes you wonder why the Dealer would charge that much for them :shrug:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Profit...every ones got to have a piece of the pie. I am sure they don't pay that much for parts they rap people on. Does make you wonder though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts