Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drivers side motor mount looks like coolant is leaking out. Have a six inch diameter spot every morning. Bolt right next to the oil filter. I rebuilt this truck but am i in some trouble if its coming out there??? Just take it out and put some thread dop on it? And no the cooler is not leaking it is dry along with the freeze plugs and everywhere else. Put over 1000 miles on and it just started. Thanks guys cheers

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
the bolt next to the oil filter or the coolant drain port next to the oil filter?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya above it is dry along with all the plugs . coming out around the bolt..

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just for views.. Stripped this dually dump truck right to the frame

·
Native Texan
8,990 Posts
There is a freeze plug behind the mount also.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
pull the bolt? see what happens
I do not think engine mount bolts go into the water jacket, but if they do they would require thread sealer
next step would be to try a dye kit logic says it is coming from above or behind

·
Master BS'er
5,921 Posts
oh I see what you mean. That's definitely not good. all you can really do is what you were already thinking. Seal that bolt somehow, and I'd probably try locktite. Then let it cure and throw a pressure tester on it.

·
Native Texan
8,990 Posts
Yeah I have seen bolt hole open up to coolant before but normally its cause the system has been serviced properly in the past. Thread locker will proably seal it up fine as long as it can cure. I hate the cust that want something fixed but have to have it done in 5 min. I make them sign a waiver that if it leaks not my fault I told u I needed over night.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah I have seen bolt hole open up to coolant before but normally its cause the system has been serviced properly in the past. Thread locker will proably seal it up fine as long as it can cure. I hate the cust that want something fixed but have to have it done in 5 min. I make them sign a waiver that if it leaks not my fault I told u I needed over night.
So the water jacket must be right behind the threads and corrosion made it open up?

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
or a bolt that is too long
That's what it sounds like he's saying
Thread sealant or loc tite? Ford says thread sealant for all bolts that enter water jacket on the Windsor engines

1 - 14 of 14 Posts