Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I will be pulling my 6.0 apart next month and pulling my motor out. I have a list of parts I am going to be putting in just wanted to know what you guys think of it. The truck is my DD and I tow in the summer 5k to 10k. I am looking to get about 450 to 500 hp out of the setup.

parts list

EGR delete (Sinster)
Arp head studs
OEM head gaskets
Sinster coolant filter kit
Powermax turbo
Airdog 2
175cc injectors stock nozzles(Warren Diesel)
Fuel Regulated Return
Upgraded turbo drain tube
Banks intercooler
AFE stage 2 intake

Thanks

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
looks like a nice build, but if you wanna get to at least the 450hp range....you're gonna need 75%-100% nozzles with those injectors. I wouldn't waste my time going with a bigger injector and doing nothing to the nozzles. You'll be fine with bigger nozzles and towing that weight with a tow tune. I'd also recommend a tuned FICM. I have ID's moderate tuned FICM and it made a big difference.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So i would be better off doing 175cc with 75%? Will the powermax turbo clean it up pretty good?

·
i like to party
1,415 Posts
you have higher cylinder pressures for the same amount of fuel when using smaller nozzles.

75% nozzles are in my opinion a perfect medium between streetability and performance. Like Chris said, a stock body with a 50% nozzle will be better suitable and more efficient.

·
Registered
922 Posts
if a truck with an exhaust and a race tune are close to 400 hp why would he be lucky to see 450 with that set up? i know he isnt running nozzles but they should get him to around 475 if you ask me. ive seen that before with this exact set up. grated super proper tuning is needed but i think the 450 will be easily hit

·
Registered
922 Posts
they arent maxed out on a stock body. and i trust warren diesel to what he says and if he builds them and says its good then id say thats good enough for me!!

·
Registered
214 Posts
The nice thing about them is them maintain stock like characteristics under normal driving conditions but at WOT or hard use you have that extra fuel. I believe I read Jesse said you can get 500hp or close to with them with the right fuel setup so for someone wanting more power ( at half the price of injectors with nozzles) it seems like a good setup. Its what I plan on doing when the time comes.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
they arent maxed out on a stock body. and i trust warren diesel to what he says and if he builds them and says its good then id say thats good enough for me!!
They are maxed out. The stock injector is roughly 135cc. Because of the nozzle sized...it's been tested....that they only really flow around 100cc ish. The nozzles are holding them back.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
The nice thing about them is them maintain stock like characteristics under normal driving conditions but at WOT or hard use you have that extra fuel. I believe I read Jesse said you can get 500hp or close to with them with the right fuel setup so for someone wanting more power ( at half the price of injectors with nozzles) it seems like a good setup. Its what I plan on doing when the time comes.
you'll never get 500hp with 190's and stock nozzles. I made 501hp with 190's and 75% nozzles and a 64mm turbo. Eric at ID tunes my truck and he said that that's very good considering the nozzle size. He told me that if i had larger nozzles i'd be more closer to 550hp.

·
Young'n
1,564 Posts
I honestly think you could squeeze 500 out of a stock nozzle. Would I put stock nozzles on? No.. But I rode in jesses truck with 175/stock nozzles and a s366 and that thing was mean. I cant remember what his track times were but they were pretty good and he never got a clean run in.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I honestly think you could squeeze 500 out of a stock nozzle. Would I put stock nozzles on? No.. But I rode in jesses truck with 175/stock nozzles and a s366 and that thing was mean. I cant remember what his track times were but they were pretty good and he never got a clean run in.
I guess it'd hafta depend on what size injector those stock nozzles were being used on. Never gonna hit 500hp with anything less than a 190cc stick and stock nozzles...just not gonna happen. Maybe a 225cc injector and stock nozzle will almost get to 500hp, but why go that big of an injector and use a stock nozzle. I think you'll gain better mpg and better performance with a smaller injector and a bigger than stock nozzle. And a little food for thought....if alot of guys can barely break or just break the 500hp mark with 190/100 injectors and a powermax....how the heck is a truck with a stock turbo and 190's with stock nozzles even gonna come close to 500hp? Just isn't happening...let alone with 175's and stock nozzles.

·
Registered
214 Posts
the thing is no matter how big you make the injector if it still has a stock nozzle you will not get more than the max flow of the nozzle hell you could make a 305 injector and with stock nozzle not going to make more than 130 of flow.
If a stock injector flows about 130cc wouldn't really be the body size determining how much fuel it can flow? Just cause it has a stock nozzle that doesn't mean it couldn't flow more fuel if it was given more. Warren has a video of him running them on his truck and he.still has quiet a but of smoke leading me to believe it will flow more than stock.

Sent from my HTC Hero S using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
922 Posts
im not saying dont put nozzles on but when your on a tight buget or just dont care to spend that much or just want a decent power adder why not go with stock nozzles! warren does have videos to prove it and 175's with stock nozzles are what im going to do when the time comes cuz i cant afford nozzles being that im in college

·
Young'n
1,564 Posts
im not saying dont put nozzles on but when your on a tight buget or just dont care to spend that much or just want a decent power adder why not go with stock nozzles! warren does have videos to prove it and 175's with stock nozzles are what im going to do when the time comes cuz i cant afford nozzles being that im in college
I dont think some people realize how big of an upgrade the 175's are! Jesses truck would flat out run with his 175's! I was super impressed.

·
professional slacker
632 Posts
I got this from the very same kind of conversation on another site.....its a good explanation.

see the whole thing about goin bigger nozzle is less timing is required and less duration to inject the same amount of fuel which equals less cylinder pressure, and we all know how the 6L hates cylinder pressure. say a stock nozzle needs 9degs timing to inject 2.2milisecs of pulse width which is 128cc's in the mid range, so a 50-75% nozzle needs 6degs to inject 128cc's at 1.8milisecs of pulse width, so your getting the same amount of fuel injected with less cylinder pressure.

i bet i can make more torque and hp in the midrange with a stock injector with 50 over nozzles than you will with 150cc stix with stock nozzles.

its all about the right amount of fuel delivered at the right time. this is why common rails make SO much more torque in the midrange than we do, cause the first mod they do is big nozzles,

also bigger nozzles WILL spool a charger better, i did not read this on another forum and post here, i personaly test these results

sent from the cab of my truck

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I dont think some people realize how big of an upgrade the 175's are! Jesses truck would flat out run with his 175's! I was super impressed.
I think people do realize that 175's are a big upgrade over stock injectors....as long as the nozzles are bigger to go with the 175's. If using stock nozzles...then others including myself really don't see it as being a big upgrade. I think you'd be lucky to make 50 extra hp with 175's and stock nozzles over the stock sticks with stock nozzles.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts