Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Crazy Talk
3,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well motor will be out tomm. gettin ready for the next one. Nate at Unlimited is doin the work. It will be girdled, filled block, fly cut and decompressed pistons, stock cryoed rods, ported head and finally get a cam back. also have a set of di headers sittin in the floor board to go on. it will also be gettin a d60 front that will be welded. I am hoping to hit 700hp on this motor w/ some live tuning by Matt. I am having my tranny guy go through it and make sure everything is still holding up as well as cryoing my flex plate. the tc is getting sent back to pi to get checked over and restalled. not sure to what yet, thinkin about 2500rpm. going to be a long winter lol ecspecially if i decide to put a psd in my 84 6.9:D.

·
Team Truckless Beer Man!
275 Posts
Sounds good! keep us up to date!

·
OverFuelingForYourPlesure
1,609 Posts
:popcorn:

·
Crazy Talk
3,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ya the headers are f-ing sweet. forgot to add i will be using cometic phuzion head gaskets.

·
10.61 @ 128 MPH
2,297 Posts
Whats the comp ratio? Wouldn't drop it to low

·
Crazy Talk
3,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Whats the comp ratio? Wouldn't drop it to low
about 15:1 is what nate said he usually does. i know it will be an ether whore cause i use dummy glow plugs, have since last winter. not too bad though still starts fine in the 40's, lol i dunno how it'll be decompressedLOL.

·
Busy Busy
9,004 Posts
15:1... X-/

Guess you're definitely going to keep it a puller only?

·
Crazy Talk
3,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yup def just a puller now a days. whats X-/ mean? may do a lil drag racing too, i can get this whore down to about 6k lbs:eek::evil

·
10.61 @ 128 MPH
2,297 Posts
Unless you add more fuel and air.......... the lower the compression, the less power its gonna make on fuel. My 2 cents.

·
Crazy Talk
3,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Unless you add more fuel and air.......... the lower the compression, the less power its gonna make on fuel. My 2 cents.
yes but thats also part of gettin rid of the bowl lip and fly cutting. i hope my current turbo will work for my goal, if not....:evil

·
Crazy Talk
3,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks, i will be building the complete one i got from you.

·
Crazy Talk
3,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nate was taking the block and crank to the machinest today.

·
Crazy Talk
3,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
just got home from nates. took a bunch of my go fast stuff and what not up and picked up a bunch of spare parts and now officially have my d60. he also said the block was finished gettin poured this mornin.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts