Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Smart A$$
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, pulled the motor and sent it up to Jag's in Zimmerman for a complete rebuild. Had almost 300,000 miles on it and at the end it used about a gallon of oil in 100 miles.

He tore it apart and found that some of the cylinders were egg shaped-

New pistons, polished the crank and balanced it, going with new injectors and H2E turbo, FASS fuel system, and Adrenaline HPOP. Heads got freshened up and of course it all gets some pretty, new black paint!

I'll post some pics as I do this project-
Will have some parts for sale soon.

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
How much of an overbored did it take to get back to round?

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
he seems like a good guy from what I've read, I hope to meet him this weekend at grove creek raceway

·
Smart A$$
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, Josh and his dad are really great people. I told him exactly what I wanted to do and and he is keeping the project in line with my goals and desires. Clean, professional, and smart as a whip. And he cares. You don't find that value in/at all shops...

I think he only had to go .010 over. Still trying to figure why it used so much oil in so little time. I also recall that when he pulled the injectors that most of the o-rings were shot. And I think he said that one of the valve guides was shot too.

I'll find out more today when I go up to order the turbo and stuff.

·
Smart A$$
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The piston rings were almost gone I guess. Doesn't do much for you when your rings are toast!

I should be getting the motor back here by the end of the week- Josh got the 160 cc injectors installed, the new flywheel and clutch is going on, the stock fuel system is NOT going back on, brought him the Adrenaline on Monday, the H2E is on its way soon from IL, and Mickey painted everything up so it looks all nice!

This motor is going to be a nice solid, reliable semi-performance motor that might/should push 500 horse. That's why I went with the expensive clutch.

Looking forward to getting this project wrapped up! You can only ride the motorcycle so much with this spring weather and borrowing other vehicles is starting to suck. Still have a long way to go as i have both seats out and all of the carpet out and the dash completely torn apart. yeah...

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
cool, sounds like a fun project, I'm sure riding the bike would get old with the mornings we've been having. Keep us informed, I want to know how it runs!!!

·
Smart A$$
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got the motor home now! Picking up parts for the manual trans today. should be less then 30 days and i will be ripping around town!

·
Smart A$$
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
looks nice- wheres the truck?

·
Smart A$$
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
at home in the shop-
I am patiently waiting for UPS to drop the last package of the turbo off today. they told me in a pre-recorded phone message yesterday that it could be any time between 0800 and 1900. 2 of the 3 boxes showed up already. where is that ups man?

·
7.3 stroked edition
169 Posts
very curious as to how the h2e will run with the stage 1s. let us know

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
very curious as to how the h2e will run with the stage 1s. let us know
I think they are 2's... he is talking 500 hp which is outta the question with 1's. he said 160cc but didn't give a nozzle size. I would assume 80% or 100% so stage 2's.

·
7.3 stroked edition
169 Posts
I think they are 2's... he is talking 500 hp which is outta the question with 1's. he said 160cc but didn't give a nozzle size. I would assume 80% or 100% so stage 2's.
That mostly what i was wondering too.

·
Smart A$$
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well, my buddy has the same turbo and injectors in his. the only difference is that he has a bigger and more expensive HPOP. His truck runs great with that combo. he says that these are a "true flow 160 cc" injector where some will claim that their injectors will run up to 160. we are also doing a custom fuel set up with a FASS system which will run at 60 psi.

now when i started this project i didn't know what to go with. the biggest concern of mine was that i want everything balanced. the sticks to match the turbo, fuel set-up and hpop. i want everything balanced. i was originally looking at the d66 and these guys said to go with the h2e. being able to ride in a truck that had this exact set-up is what sold me. and i like the idea that the h2e is a balanced turbo (where the hot and cold side flow are 1 for 1).

i just talked to the guy tonight about the injectors and he said that they are really like a stage 1 1/2. that is as much as i know about the injectors- i trust my engine builder and i have seen and ridden in exactly what i am getting so i am ok with that. i don't know what nozzle size, but i can tell you fact-jack- the truck with this set up was dynoed it and was slightly over 500 at the rear wheels, with an auto trans. now i have a 5 spd so it will be interesting as to what numbers i get on the dyno. he also said that everybody wants to argue with him over the injectors and what-size-this and what-size-that.

bottom line i guess is that whoever builds these injectors does a hell of a job.

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
are you talking about brians truck, It did look like it ran pretty well.

·
Smart A$$
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah, his truck is pretty much the model for mine. i know that it took him some bumps and bruises to figure his all out so mine should be that much easier.

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
man I wish I could give you a hand, but I'm balls to the wall with work right now. keep us posted on your build.

·
Smart A$$
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Mock up of H2E turbo and pipes

Supply t -6 Teflon Aeroquip

Fuel System- Bowl Delete

Regulated Return

Clamps and heat shields

·
Smart A$$
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok, so now I have to figure out how I am going to plumb the FASS system so I can draw from both tanks... why can't I draw after the tank selector switch?

I see that when wiring up different DIY fuel bowl delete systems other guys have put in various safety features- oil pressure shut off, fuel pressure shut off, fuel press. gauge, rollover switch, relays and such.

I think I am going to put a Hobbs switch in the sys. Should I do it on the supply or return? I have a spot I can do it easily enough on the return or maybe when I get the FASS there might be a spot I can do it on the supply. At what pressure should the Hobbs be for? And this is to indicate when the fuel press. is getting restricted I guess? Time to change filter?

What pressure should the oil cut-out be for? So if my oil pressure drops below a certain press. I can wire it up to cut the fuel pump?

Of course my pump will be on a relay and I guess it wouldn't be a bad idea to put the rollover kill switch in also...

Any thoughts anyone?

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
this is just a guess, fuel press shouldn't matter which side your on if you have enough volume it will read the same, oil pressure cut off switch- sounds good but seems like by the time you loose pressure your going to loose oil to the hpop and the inj's will quit, but if you still want to run one I don't see why you cant just use an idiot light sensor they are usually set at 7psi-also you will need to factor in a start bypass- you don't want to crank until you get oil pressure then have fuel turn on each time you go to start the truck. roll over switch isn't a bad idea, these are my opinions on it someone else will come by and offer theirs I'm sure. Looking good btw, that h2e and banks elbow looks good.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts