Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a whim I was searching craigslist Denver, saw a green EB with Road Armour. Called them up and bought it over the phone. They even Delivered it from Denver to Cheyenne! Got for the Wife for an early Mothers Day gift. I havent even seen it yet but she is really excited about it!

Attachments

·
Powerstrokin'
847 Posts
congrats man looks nice;)

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! The wife loves my CC with the kids, hates her minivan so this is the best comprimise ever! She said the computer said 15mpg and that it shakes a little at 90! I told her that both were telling her to SLOW DOWN!! LOL

·
Powerstrokin'
847 Posts
LOL ya maybe... an shoot ya its a durn good compromise!!

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Looks nice. 6.0 or 7.3

·
Registered
218 Posts
so how much did TANK charge ya for the bumper?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its a 6.0..... REALLY wanted a 7.3 so that I could carry some parts for both my rigs....But I couldnt pass this one up.. Just have to learn another motor!

lol about Tank! I need a good bumper for my truck now! and some meat on that X!

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Looks great. Congrats!!!

Now fix the suspension get some better tires wheels for a better foot print and clearance and you are GTG as a base setup.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I chased a few threads about the suspension, that is the first thing I'll do.. Its the wifes, so a leveling kit and sway bar with tuned shocks prolly. 285's or better to give it a bit of stance, but I would like for it to fit in the garage so she can wrangle the kids a bit easier! LOL

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
One other thing, take off the cross beams on the roof rack. If they are still on you may or may not have damaged paint under them. I got lucky and the paint only had a chalky film on it that came off with easily with light buffing. But it will wear the paint off from vibrating on the roof at high speeds. On tires I really like the idea of going with wider tires as I have learned the X needs a wider footprint on the ground to give it the best perf in turns and towing or with heavy payload. I would look at the various tires you woudl be willing to use and find the one that offers the actual widest tire as oppose to the spec. Many times tires are either wider or slightly smaller than the spec. Each Manf has the actual width of the tires on the rim. IMO a 12.5" wide tire is ideal but whatever is the widest you can get with a height that will still allow it to fit in your garage.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the info..... I haven't even laid eyes on it yet! But I will give those cross beams a once over, and if they are there, I'll 86 them! I will do some investigation on tires. I do intend on towing with it, we have a 20ft Four Winns bow rider.. nothing extreme but by the time you get loaded out for a weekend it does add up. And like I said, gotta figure out how much room it can GROW before I get too crazy.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Thanks for the info..... I haven't even laid eyes on it yet! But I will give those cross beams a once over, and if they are there, I'll 86 them! I will do some investigation on tires. I do intend on towing with it, we have a 20ft Four Winns bow rider.. nothing extreme but by the time you get loaded out for a weekend it does add up. And like I said, gotta figure out how much room it can GROW before I get too crazy.
In that case the spring sway and rear sway bar are absolutely mandatory. Not a convenience item its a safety issue IMO. Springs, shocks, rear sway, tires for best rims to go wider on the tires. You will then have a dream X for towing.

·
reluctant ford fan
127 Posts
When I measured the garage and figured out the exact lift and tire combo I could run, I missed slightly... Crossbars came off the roof rack and back in the garage it went! :D

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Level kit isn't whats needed..with that bumper get a X code SD spring up front and modded B's in the rear plus my other recomended suspension mods..won't fit the garadge but will be safe to drive. I've helped hundreds solve the handling problems of the Excursion. PM me if I can help.

Cary

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Ditto

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
OBSWIZ, will do in about a month, when i get into my new house and can do some measuring and convincing with the wife! Thanks again fella's all great info!

Brian, I hope if I miss, some crossbar removal will fix it too!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well, in the first 2800 miles the A/c compressor crapped out shredding the serpentine belt all over I80 east bound to the tune of $925 in repairs.......then this morning the alternator quit and it crapped an injector! The X is in the stealership as we speak, can't wait to see that tab! Just think, I make the first payment in 5 days!

Any one know of some family fun in the Cleveland area?

·
Registered
638 Posts
Well, in the first 2800 miles the A/c compressor crapped out shredding the serpentine belt all over I80 east bound to the tune of $925 in repairs.......then this morning the alternator quit and it crapped an injector! The X is in the stealership as we speak, can't wait to see that tab! Just think, I make the first payment in 5 days!

Any one know of some family fun in the Cleveland area?
Sounds like some #### luck bud. Sucky that it's all before first payment.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts