Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your guys suggestions on a good all round trailer?
I thought I found the perfect one for me, but it is just built too light to handle some of the dually 4wd trucks I am looking to put on it.

-The most I would put on is 10,000lbs so no need for a dual wheel dual axle.

-I would also like low enough to somehow be able to put my Lightning on and take it to the track.

-But I also need it wide enough to put a dually and or a truck with big tires on.

Just wanted to see what you guys are using or recommend

Here is what I got now 10,000lb 20'x8.5' Drive on 4"fenders, approx 7,000 payload capacity

·
FNG
6,018 Posts

·
WOOOOO!!!!!
1,655 Posts
Borrowed this from a friend of mine. I checked and I can open the doors of my Foxbody Mustang with the fenders on it, its 14k GVW and a full tilt deck. Also, the load angle is low enough for my friend to load his 99 Trans Am on.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Borrowed this from a friend of mine. I checked and I can open the doors of my Foxbody Mustang with the fenders on it, its 14k GVW and a full tilt deck. Also, the load angle is low enough for my friend to load his 99 Trans Am on.

Is that a PJ? Can you drive on those fenders?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Here is what I use. It may be a bit tall for the track car but I haul dually stuff on it frequently, without any trouble. I also have removable side racks for loose items such as fire wood. I think I've had 4 cords of dry pine on it no problem.

PJ Trailers - 8" I-Beam Deckover (F8)

Ford with 65 dump truck.jpg

·
FNG
6,018 Posts
I really like the 1st trailer. Same Idea as mine just built tougher. Do you have any pics of yours/? I am curious where the rams go and how hight the fenders are?

Be VERY mindfull of the gooseneck beavertail. I have 3 friends with them and the tail DRAGS on everything. they are just too low
The ramps go in slide in compartments on the side of the trailer. I can open car doors the fenders are low enough.

Heres a pic

·
Registered
280 Posts
I would say something like a tilt deck GN would fit your needs. As far as getting wider vehicles over the fenders, a friend of mine built some "stair step" out of wood that he bolts to the wood floors that way he can drive over the fenders with his jeep with full width axles under it. That way you can put the bigger vehicles on it and the track vehicles

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The ramps go in slide in compartments on the side of the trailer. I can open car doors the fenders are low enough.

Heres a pic
Thats not the same trailer you had the link to:confused:
This looks like yours PJ Trailers - 8" Channel Carhauler (C8)

I would say something like a tilt deck GN would fit your needs. As far as getting wider vehicles over the fenders, a friend of mine built some "stair step" out of wood that he bolts to the wood floors that way he can drive over the fenders with his jeep with full width axles under it. That way you can put the bigger vehicles on it and the track vehicles
GN is no good for me. I want to be able to tow it with my dump truck

·
FNG
6,018 Posts

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Same trailer as in the link. Just an 18 footer with a dove
Which link? Your link? shows a 102 wide trailer. Your pic w skid steer shows a 83" wide deck. I am confused

·
Ford With Out Tax Money
334 Posts
this is one i have it is 8'10: wide and +27' deck 2 car hauler
i will have to get the name but it will haul a dually.

Attachments

·
FNG
6,018 Posts

·
FNG
6,018 Posts

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So your deck is 102" wide and the fenders stick out the side another 10" making your trailer 122" wide?

·
FNG
6,018 Posts
So your deck is 102" wide and the fenders stick out the side another 10" making your trailer 122" wide?
No the pic makes it look goofy

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was gonna say, it doesnt look like the same type of trailer

·
WOOOOO!!!!!
1,655 Posts
Is that a PJ? Can you drive on those fenders?
Its not a PJ, I believe it was a LoadStar but I might be wrong. Yes you can drove on this fenders also. PM me if you want the owners number for more info.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Its not a PJ, I believe it was a LoadStar but I might be wrong. Yes you can drove on this fenders also. PM me if you want the owners number for more info.
If you could just get the manufacture name. I looked up load star and they dont offer a trailer like that

1 - 20 of 74 Posts