Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

21 - 40 of 107 Posts

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
I wanted to use the 51" Donaldson on mine but Ihad to raise the whole exhaust for clearance on my trucvk...so one that long won't clear the framerail.
My drone is bad too....that hard bedcover and 5" pipe exiting 6" off the ground are a recipe for noise.
It sucks...I've got a 10,000 dollar stereo system that sounds like a flea marketsystem when I'm driving. LOL

I'm really interested in that FTE resonator....looking forward to hearing what you come up with. If you can quieten down that X then I know I can beat the drone in my CC.
What is it you ordered from NAPA ?
Funny you mention that a welder/fabricator I know has a 24 valve in an F450 he did the 51 inch big rig muffler he chopped it down to fit under the welding bed its still plenty long and it kills the noise the 24 valve makes pretty good inside its quiet no drone. He has a cam and compounds dont know if that makes a difference.

·
ARMY bound
6,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
What is it you ordered from NAPA ?
I ordered a resonator that was in their catalog. I have never seen or used it before. I'll post pics and price when I get it the end of this week, early next week. I will figure out a cure, I want the noise to stop.

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
I ordered a resonator that was in their catalog. I have never seen or used it before. I'll post pics and price when I get it the end of this week, early next week. I will figure out a cure, I want the noise to stop.
The buzzen half dozen just has that tone to it deal with it !! You wanted to swap !!! :poke:

·
ARMY bound
6,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
The noise is the only thing I regret, but I'm working on it. The power and torque puts my old 7.3 to shame, and I only have a tuner. I'll make my entire exhaust system out of resonators if I have to!

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
The noise is the only thing I regret, but I'm working on it. The power and torque puts my old 7.3 to shame, and I only have a tuner. I'll make my entire exhaust system out of resonators if I have to!
Yeah yeah just diggen at you man.:poke:

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
I know silly fawker LOL. I'll keep this thread updated as to what shuts this fart can up.
Seriously its kinda strange seeing/hearing a ford with a Cummins in it, its like thats not right .Good luck with the noise abatement.

·
ARMY bound
6,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I have been getting weird looks. I don't know if it's all the noise or they think they hear a Cummins. There is no Cummins badging on the truck. I don't think it ever will either.

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
I have been getting weird looks. I don't know if it's all the noise or they think they hear a Cummins. There is no Cummins badging on the truck. I don't think it ever will either.
Something like the little blue pot metal C they used to put on the cummins engines would be kinda cool .

·
Attention Whore
5,183 Posts
I see other diesel guys all the time at red lights roll their windows down and listen to the exhaust....I'm kinda curious about what they're thinking. LOL

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
I see other diesel guys all the time at red lights roll their windows down and listen to the exhaust....I'm kinda curious about what they're thinking. LOL
It would be like WTF Thats not a stroke it sounds kinda like a Dodge LOL :doh: !

·
Attention Whore
5,183 Posts

I'm gonna try this Walker resonator in mine....it'll be a month at least though since I'm headed outta town on SUnay and not taking the black truck with me. I'll be following this thread for your results though.

I'm gonna move this to the conversion forum since we're dealing with a different motor...maybe others have found a cure they'll share.

·
ARMY bound
6,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I also have a 4" stainless flex section coming. I'll install it after the down pipe. It looks like a giant braided hose. I don't know if it will help but it can't hurt. That Walker resonator looks like a pic I found of the Napa resonator. The 4" Napa # is 21464, the 5" is 21835. Google David Vizard and his ideas with exhaust, it's very interesting.

·
WWDD
10,528 Posts

I'm gonna try this Walker resonator in mine....it'll be a month at least though since I'm headed outta town on SUnay and not taking the black truck with me. I'll be following this thread for your results though.

I'm gonna move this to the conversion forum since we're dealing with a different motor...maybe others have found a cure they'll share.
I also have a 4" stainless flex section coming. I'll install it after the down pipe. It looks like a giant braided hose. I don't know if it will help but it can't hurt. That Walker resonator looks like a pic I found of the Napa resonator. The 4" Napa # is 21464, the 5" is 21835. Google David Vizard and his ideas with exhaust, it's very interesting.
Napa exhaust parts are made by walker btw.

I have been throwing exhaust back pressure codes and its making my VGT run at wide open most of the time, super bad drone in the cab, Im straight piped now, but i have been thinking of running both a muffler and a resonator because i know when i go to a single turbo its going to get much louder inside the cab. I like the way that walker/napa muffler looks, The DYNOMAX (also a walker/napa part) muffler on my 7.3 seemed quiter than similar MBRP mufflers, Maybe ill try them both.

Im thinking Im going to try a resonator first, with no muffler, just to see how much it helps on its own. If its not enough then ill order a muffler.

21 - 40 of 107 Posts