Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just curious, what's the highest dyno number or quickest/fastest 1/4 mile time for a full sized (not shortened) 6.0?

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
11.51 @ 117 single cab 4x4 long bed out of Fl. VGT-SS, Stage III injectors and Nitrous on stock suspension and cal-tracs.

But now that we have a turbo that lights things may change... Maybe this weekend.

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dang! Whose truck is that? Any pics or vids?

·
8 Cylinder Junkie
29 Posts
I believe his handle on the diesel garage is First On Race Day can't remember his name. DJ has been working with him on tuning that truck in. Didn't know he had stage 3's thought I saw stage 2's but hey whatever they are that truck rocks.:bowfast:

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Duh, I'm an idiot. I've seen him run in person and talked with him for a bit at the NHRDA thing in FL. For some reason I had it in my head that his was shortened.:doh: That thing rolls, and is pretty dang nice lookin' too.

·
Diesel Addict
411 Posts
11.51 @ 117 single cab 4x4 long bed out of Fl. VGT-SS, Stage III injectors and Nitrous on stock suspension and cal-tracs.

But now that we have a turbo that lights things may change... Maybe this weekend.
The amazing thing to me is how relatively mild his setup is in the grand scheme of things. He's running a dang VG Turbo for goodness sake! And, sticks that are middle of the road in the power department. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you could easily still tow a pretty heavy load with this setup and the proper tuning. This is definitely the direction I'm looking to go.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Egts suck with big sticks and NO Air to back it up.

·
Diesel Addict
411 Posts
Egts suck with big sticks and NO Air to back it up.
That I know, I just wasn't aware that 225cc injectors qualified as "Big Sticks" in light of Stage 5's which are 345cc's. Stock injectors are 135cc's if I understand correctly. Stage 3's (225cc's) are middle of the road by my calcs. Am I off base?

·
Registered
85 Posts
You are correct. I have 225cc sticks and egts are out of control with the stock turbo.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Your running a bone stock VGT turbo? Not the VGTSS or some other modified VGT turbo? If so, I'm curious why did you do injectors without a turbo upgrade?
yes its a bone stock vgt turbo. I was still under warranty when the egr cooler and the oil cooler went out. I had the studs installed, sticks, fluid dampner etc etc installed under warranty. I didn't install a turbo because I am still waiting on a TURBO that meets what I need.

·
Diesel Addict
411 Posts
yes its a bone stock vgt turbo. I was still under warranty when the egr cooler and the oil cooler went out. I had the studs installed, sticks, fluid dampner etc etc installed under warranty. I didn't install a turbo because I am still waiting on a TURBO that meets what I need.
Your dealer put in upgraded injectors under warranty? Very nice!

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Im going to say that for everyday use the stage IIs with VGT-SS would be a good combo, right as 500HP on fuel only. towing it may get alittle hot. This weekend I saw a truck with 345s an a bean VGT and he sad he just unplugged his pyro because it would peg so fast it was doing any good.

Going to a BB turbo is going to be the only way to control the heat of sticks, only prob is they dont spool like a vgt. I put a phat shaft 62 on a truck with stage IIs and the spool up was pretty quick and it made 45 psi on Insanity. top egt was 16k on full boost going into OD.

·
Oil anyone?
416 Posts
I was thinking of upgrading to the VGT SS also but still run with stock sticks. I have accsess to a 03' turbo would this be a good up grade or should I send it to get modded.

·
Registered
191 Posts
1 - 20 of 77 Posts