Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HEY guys just got a question on something my truck just feels like it has no top end speed like when u slam the throttle it goes but takes awhile to get up to speed so i hope the new mini me stage 3 hybrids and garrete gt38 bb turbo with fuel system mods regulated return and fass with a new t/c will wake it up

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
What is the question? If your asking if it will be faster, I will say yes.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WEll LOL its just doggy off the line till the turbo spools up even in a higher toon o well

·
Going Crazy
1,533 Posts
With those additions you will have alot more power but to really get her to pull hard up top your gunna want Big oil

·
DI POWER
1,278 Posts
I have that setup and its a beast everywhere, wish I had more rpms cause it gets there quick.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
whats ur truck run in the 1/8 mile with that setup

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,954 Posts
You gonna get it retuned to take full advantage of the new pieces?

·
Registered
832 Posts
With those additions you will have alot more power but to really get her to pull hard up top your gunna want Big oil
def a must have to get all the power you want:whs:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah im gonna have my chip reburned by tony and im gonna go to a PMT1 PCM

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
i liked the switch to a pmt1..if nothing else your cruise control light will work.

just curious with an early 99 why mini-mes and a gt38
vs an h2e and bcodes?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cause danny has them and david at diesel inn told me its a good set up and i dont wanna drop 3grand just on the turbo for a h2e to much money for me its a daily driver and i like the mini mes cause they use no more oil than a stick split shot injector

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
sound reasons , and nice mods you'll be happy.

but here is why I asked , you aren't gonna drop a garret 38r on an early 99 less you converted it to 99.5 . The h2e is 2400..garret 1800+ 700~1000k conversion kit, ends up costing more. Some b-codes are cheaper then minime's if i am not mistaken...but they wont run without hpop mods . course the mini's run better on bigger oil too

..But dave at Di will set you up though, that is a very proven combo.

btw your siggy says you have a ww..did your oem wheel blow on the 99?
(the early 99's came with a ww stock, I have seen one post where one guy did replace his)

·
Registered
832 Posts
h2e and bcodes?

thats the route i plan on going

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah i didnt know that early 99s come with the ww o well lol but mini mes are cool cause they use no more oil that stock injectors do so thats why im gonna run them i prolly will do big oil down the road but first i wanna see how the truck will run on that setup.And I like the garrete cause its a nice turbo bb and alot of guys run them and love um so cant wait to be making more power and hopefully shuting my buddie with 07DMAX with gale banks junk on it he only runs 13.9s with that cant wait to blow his doors off on 35s and a 6inch lift

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
I am still on the fence.....

I can settle on a d66 with stage 2's,
99 conversion gt38r , mini's
h2e, bcodes, nothing radical tip wise,

money will prob say choice 1, but dreams say 2 or 3.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts