Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Oh he can't be right. The federal guberment making decisions on cancer issues and how much treatment you can have sounds to much like a death panel. It has already been "proven" that is not going to happen.

/sarcasm

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
But not based upon a particular disease, or at least that I know of. A $3m life time is a $3m life time whether your chances are good or bad.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I like Mr. Rogers enthusiasm and commitment. Also great to see him pull information from the years when this country was founded. Founded by patriots and individuals like that man sad they were innovators. Oh shnap...this thread was by pappy we both like the same video.

·
<-- it's like that
6,567 Posts
Was that a dog that ran behind him towards the end? LOL

Ok, I'll give props to Rogers for speaking up like he did, but IMO I think he missed a bigger opportunity. He spent his time making accusations and railing against the democrat's health care bill, but did not once offer any suggestions for alternative solutions. He spoke about how there are more opportunities to fix health care, but he never offered a single one himself in that speech. Sadly, in the end that's what's happening overall in Washington. Each side will gladly slam the other party's proposals, yet really have nothing constructive to add or offer much in terms of real solutions for anything. So for that, nothing was really accomplished in that speech. If you're going to point out faults in the bill, that's fine, great, do it. But don't just leave it at that, because in the end no one will listen if you don't add something constructive, or offer alternative ideas for people to consider.

That's my take on it.

·
Gandy Dancer
5,972 Posts
Was that a dog that ran behind him towards the end? LOL

Ok, I'll give props to Rogers for speaking up like he did, but IMO I think he missed a bigger opportunity. He spent his time making accusations and railing against the democrat's health care bill, but did not once offer any suggestions for alternative solutions. He spoke about how there are more opportunities to fix health care, but he never offered a single one himself in that speech. Sadly, in the end that's what's happening overall in Washington. Each side will gladly slam the other party's proposals, yet really have nothing constructive to add or offer much in terms of real solutions for anything. So for that, nothing was really accomplished in that speech. If you're going to point out faults in the bill, that's fine, great, do it. But don't just leave it at that, because in the end no one will listen if you don't add something constructive, or offer alternative ideas for people to consider.

That's my take on it.
You hit it on the head.

Why is it that there is so much whining now, when there has not been one iota of interest to significant reform previously?

After all, Republicans have controlled the White House for 20 out of the last 29 years. :shrug:

·
Yeah, it's like that
2,419 Posts
You hit it on the head.

Why is it that there is so much whining now, when there has not been one iota of interest to significant reform previously?

After all, Republicans have controlled the White House for 20 out of the last 29 years. :shrug:
Let's tell the rest of that story,

Reagan was opposed for all 8 years by the house and 2 years by the senate
Bush was opposed by both house and senate for all 4 years
Bush Jr was opposed by the house for 2 years and Senate for 4 years

I will give you the fact that Clinton was opposed by both the house and senate for 6 years

With any luck, Obama will only get 2 years un-opposed :poke:

·
Gandy Dancer
5,972 Posts
Yeah, let's do tell the whole story. :poke:

Are you saying that Reagan and both Bush's were opposed in their effort's toward significant health care reform?

Oh wait.

They never even proposed anything. :rolleyes:

·
FNG
6,018 Posts
Yeah, let's do tell the whole story. :poke:

Are you saying that Reagan and both Bush's were opposed in their effort's toward significant health care reform?

Oh wait.

They never even proposed anything. :rolleyes:
Hmm thats funny Gandy. EMTALA came under Reagan IIRC

Medicare D came under GWB.

Those sound like some pretty significant health care reforms to me

·
Gandy Dancer
5,972 Posts
Actually Dave, it's not "funny".................it's sad.

While EMTALA gave emergency/life sustaining rights to all Americans (and non-Americans), it did nothing for covering millions of American adults and children for long term diseases and ongoing medical needs.

As for Medicare D......it addressed a specific problem but, was far from 'significant' for uninsured Americans.

Sorry, I'll stand by my statement.

·
FNG
6,018 Posts
Actually Dave, it's not "funny".................it's sad.

While EMTALA gave emergency/life sustaining rights to all Americans (and non-Americans), it did nothing for covering millions of American adults and children for long term diseases and ongoing medical needs.

As for Medicare D......it addressed a specific problem but, was far from 'significant' for uninsured Americans.

Sorry, I'll stand by my statement.
And I will stand by my statement that 60% of the uninsured Americans are uninsured because they dont want insurance

·
FNG
6,018 Posts

·
"mad cow" member
642 Posts
When the d!ckheads in DC are forced to use the exact same health care they want to force on us things will get "fixed" in short order.
But until that happens, Bohica to everyone that works hard and takes care of their own responsibilities.

I don't understand folks that want more gooberment control in our lives, and have a desire to pay for it.
I dont understand why any productive member of society is thrilled by the opportunity to pay for more broken assed gooberment programs and foot the bill for the lazy and stoopid.

·
utah get me two
1,935 Posts
im no huge thinker,but it seems cheaper and simpler to me to just.
let the government write a check for those that dont have it,to cover them.

like welfare foer health ins,and call it a day.
why does the liberal solution allways involve f"ing with everyone else

1 - 20 of 27 Posts