Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im leaning towards a cummins in my 02 f250 just wondering how much i could get for my 7.3? Turbo up pipe pretty much everything but the harness and ecm. Its got 115k if that helps.
Next question is what cummins to go with? It seems everyones after the 94-98 12v im looking to put down 500 or 600 reliable hp what motor would be the best to reach these goals any input would be great thanks guy

·
Registered
74 Posts
I like 12 valves myself. 5-600 hp is easy enough with any motor and be reliable. It's just a matter of personal preference. It pretty much comes down to if you like electronics or not. For me, the less electronic stuff I have, the better.

As far as a price for your stokers, I have no idea.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well been reserchin for awhile and i hate electronics and i heard some of the 24v have thin water jackets that crack thats why i was leanin towards the 12v. I was also going to get the adapter kit from cumminsford.com i want to use my stock trans is it worth the 3 grand they ask for it?

·
compresion ignition adict
209 Posts
you can just get the adapter and motor mounts from Destroked...better quality stuff. Its about 800 for the engine/tranny adapter and about 300 for motor mounts.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well with cr your closer to 500 or 600 with the 12v its a different story. So i guess when i get the money it comes down to whatever motor i can find haha. So when u put the cr motor in do you run the cummins ecm and the ford one?

·
compresion ignition adict
209 Posts
the cummins ecm... its mounted on the side of the motor... the onlything your ford ecm would do is run bassic functions like the spedo and temp sensors and such.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I would do a 12v conversion. Way less wiring, alot easier to come by and make big power with. And you don't have to worry about melting pistons when you really start hot rodding it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
What do you do with your truck? How heavy do you haul? If sled pulling/racing, smoking the other drivers, ect is more along the line then I would suggest the 12v. The 12v are more buget oriented than the CR. The wiring is about the same between the two. CR Cummins will require you to buy a programer of your choice to turn it up, but is just as easy to turn the power down for pulling. I was computer disgruntle after the 6.0 went at 110,000 so I went 12. Mine is set at about 425-450hp. With my turbo it has about the same rpm range as a 6.0. I would definatly recoment using the Destroked parts, they dont require any cutting on your bellhousing. Welcome to the dark side. Stu.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts