Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone ever installed a moonroof? i am considering doing this and was wondering if anyone has any info on it, thanks

·
Registered
510 Posts
funny I saw this. I own a shop that does sunroofs, leather interiors etc, Im putting a full power sunroof in my 96 this week. Ill get some pictures up when its done.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome. Let me know if ya run into any problems. And what is it out of? I was curious what would be best to use one from. Thanks

·
Registered
510 Posts
We install webasto sunroofs, full power glass roof that drops down and slides back and also vents up. Just like a factory roof. You can install them in pretty much anything.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
We install webasto sunroofs, full power glass roof that drops down and slides back and also vents up. Just like a factory roof. You can install them in pretty much anything.
You can fit them in a reg cab?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
are the sunroofs out of say a car out of a junkyard? what kind if so? or are they new units?
are they all pretty much universal? (asking cuz of roofs not being identical "crowns" or shape)

·
Registered
510 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
So worked on it tonight, have been swamped at the shop so I didn't want to stay too late

Unit bonded in

This is the top side, there is a rubber trim ring that finishes the edge.

·
I be strokin'
243 Posts
Looking good. About how much does this whole process cost from installing to buying the sun roof?

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
yes I'd like to know this as well, except I'm working with a 2000 f350 but I'd still like to have one installed...

Chad

·
Diesel Nut
510 Posts
I'd love to do that to my truck but my roof is ribbed so I don't know how well it would work.

·
Registered
510 Posts
750 may be for a top slider

·
Registered
510 Posts
Yup, exactly, pops up and slides back on top of the roof. For a full power roof you need at least double the size of the glass so it has a place to go. They make some pretty big top sliders.

·
Registered
510 Posts
So I have the awesome blue interior, blah to much blue so I'm doing a black headliner and to match it I wrapped all the plastic trim prices in black headliner, so the top half of the interior will be black to go with the black and blue theme Ford started with.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That's gonna be a nice ride it sounds. Looks good

·
Registered
510 Posts
Install is all done, was 30 degrees last night but I drove home with the roof open. The black turned out better then I though, gives a different feel when your in the truck. Pics up later.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts