Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Guynormal
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like to know what a shop should charge for replacing my tie rods with moog parts. This is what meineke quoted In Idaho
Tie rod outer es3009 r. 269.99
Tie rod end. Ds1068 369.95
Tie rod end. Ds1071. 425.98
Tie rod adjusting sleeve. 60
Labor. 313.25
Align. 89.
Total 1500+
Not sure this is fair but I think this quite expensive. Parts are moog. What do most shops charge.... what's a fair price for a shop doing the work. I am not mechanically inclined so doing this myself is not an option.

·
7.3 Enthusiast
682 Posts
You can get those parts WAY cheaper.

DS1071 I found for $141.81
ES3009r - $76.22
DS1068 - $115.87

These are just what I found online. The prices they gave you are rediculous.

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Napa premium is $525 for all the pieces. $200 for labor would be reasonable and a $90 alignment.

The Moog parts aren't what they use to be. The local parts supplier opened generic white box parts and they had the same stampings as the Moog. I went to Napa.

Maybe doing it yourself should become an option. It is a very easy job to replace the ball joints.

·
Guynormal
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That what I thought... But I don't know if jacking up the prices like that at the shops is normal.... I went to a different shop and they quoted 1100.. Which is much better... Give people an idea the cost... Thanks;for the replies

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
just do it all yourself, get it close enough to drive to alignment shop, those sound like government prices they would pay for something.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Best place to find them at a good price is amazon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts