Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
That'll slow ya down!
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title says it, have about $3000.00 mad money and got the go ahead from the war department(wife) to go nuts. With the existing mods in my sig, I'm thinkin 238/100's, send in a 17* hpop I have to be modded, Reg return, 4" exh, IDM mod. Any suggestions? Also, do I need to upgrade from my e99 pcm?

·
That'll slow ya down!
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I also forgot to mention, It is a dd and I tow a 4000lb gooseneck on a regular basis with up to 14,000 lbs. If anyone has some parts they are trying to get rid of let me know. Just want more power, better towing and a mileage increase would be nice but not nessecary.

·
Ticking time bomb
2,385 Posts
Everything you said looks good but you'll prob want to add a walbro pump and 5/8s pickup tube to the list

·
The Original
7,509 Posts
Title says it, have about $3000.00 mad money and got the go ahead from the war department(wife) to go nuts. With the existing mods in my sig, I'm thinkin 238/100's, send in a 17* hpop I have to be modded, Reg return, 4" exh, IDM mod. Any suggestions? Also, do I need to upgrade from my e99 pcm?
238's, Stealth SR1, IDM mod, reg return for sure:D

If we can help in anyway please let us know:ford:

·
That'll slow ya down!
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That makes two suggestions for the stealth pump now. Would a modded 17* not support this setup?

·
Ticking time bomb
2,385 Posts
That makes two suggestions for the stealth pump now. Would a modded 17* not support this setup?
It depends how strong the 17 pump is .. If it's a new stock pump and you get it modded you'll most likely be fine but if it's weak then you'll
be better of going with the stealth.

·
That'll slow ya down!
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have no idea the condition of the pump. It came off of a motor that melted down the #2 cylinder. A flow test before mod work should reveal any problems though right?

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
I would just get an adrenaline or srp1, just opinion.

·
That'll slow ya down!
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
with the stealth?

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
I just threw in the adrenaline because for some that extra $100 is just enough to keep it out of reach. The srp1 is better but an adrenaline would be adequate.

·
One of a kind
2,198 Posts
A nice sold investment that earns good intrest and keep adding to it. Then you could due anything you wanted to the truck in a few years.

·
The Original
7,509 Posts
It will but its a stretch the SR1 will handle it SO much better you can't beat their price

·
too broke to play
111 Posts
I might skip the IDM and pump mods and use that cash to buy an Adrenaline or the new Swamps pump. I really like the way my truck runs with the new Stealth. It also looks like my mileage has improved, but I haven't had a chance to top it off and run a full tank to do the real math.

·
That'll slow ya down!
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Good point black cloud but I already have that covered. Recently I have been putting alot of money into my drag racing but have decided to put that to a halt for a little while. So now I want to put a little into my truck which I have been neglecting to do for quite some time now, and decided to set a limit on what I'm going to spend. When I get the urge to go fast I can always pull one of the race cars out and go have some fun, I just want to bring my truck up to par since it is the only thing lacking as of now. Hell, I even ported and polished my old Kirby vacuum cleaner when I was replacing the impeller! I saw all of that casting flash and couldn' resist:D It's pathetic, I know but it's a disease.

·
That'll slow ya down!
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok, I'll go for the stealth, thats settled. Right now my list is- stealth pump, 238/100's, reg return, walboro pump, 4" exh, IDM mod. Any opinions on the
e99 PCM? Head studs? springs?

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
If a 17 is enough for hybirds, a modded 17 will be fine , and th A adrrnalinw a peovwn amilw maker, but your coin. I would save some for a turbo, stage III hybirds will be too much for a 66 turbo. Powerslot brakes and hawk pads are nice. Better stopping is nice,esp. When your going quicker.

·
That'll slow ya down!
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm a drag racer, we don't plan ahead for silly things like stopping! wtf does quote:"and th A adrrnalinw a peovwn amilw maker" mean? You are right about the turbo but just because I have that much injector doesn't mean I will be using it. There will be an upgrade on air induction a little later but those plans are hush hush for now:D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts