Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for input on Mod's I want to run on 6.4. It's my daily drive and I'm looking for more mileage.
-H&S XRT pro
-4 inch Cat and DPF Delete-No bungs
-S&B Cold Air intake

Any other ideas
-Cheers
<2>

·
The Stig
1,614 Posts
That'll work well.

·
Registered
438 Posts
That's a good start for sure. May want to look into upgrading to the mini max or get some kind of monitor for watching vital engine parameters. I would look into doing a egr delete kit down the road

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's a good start for sure. May want to look into upgrading to the mini max or get some kind of monitor for watching vital engine parameters. I would look into doing a egr delete kit down the road

How important is the EGR Delete? And what is gained?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

For a daily driver how important is it to keep a eye on engine parameters?

·
Registered
438 Posts
It's more for reliability as the coolers have the potential to leak and cause costly engine damage. However I did see slight improvement in performance especially with the intake elbow that came with the kit. My stock intake manifold was full of soot from the egr. Can't be good for any engine

·
Registered
438 Posts
I would say it's pretty important. I like to keep am eye on things like coolant temp, oil temp, and exhaust temp. I ran with no monitor for a while with no issues but it sure gives me a better feeling being able to see different parameters so I will know if something is not right. Just something to think about for the future if you don't plan on a monitor right now

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's more for reliability as the coolers have the potential to leak and cause costly engine damage. However I did see slight improvement in performance especially with the intake elbow that came with the kit. My stock intake manifold was full of soot from the egr. Can't be good for any engine
Any mileage gain with the EGR delete?

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Any mileage gain with the EGR delete?
very slight if any and none that would probably make a substantial impact. The egr's/coolers seem to be a time bomb on the 6.0's and 6.4's. Well worth the piece of mind knowing they're off the truck. The decreased egt's are a plus. A full turbo back exhaust wouldn't be a bad idea. Air flow is good. Running a good quality high hp tune and light right foot will yield you the best mpg's. Made a trip last week and averaged a shade over 21 mpg hand calculated for the whole trip. Of course I was trying to aim for the best mileage I could and avoided any hard accels. Also factor in the fact that there was some city driving added into that as well so if it were all highway miles it would probably go up another 1-2mpg. Roughly 21mpg in a lifted truck with 35's isn't too bad if you ask me.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
With the H&S can I run any custom tune in it?

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
With the H&S can I run any custom tune in it?
As long is the tune from the tuner is for an h&s. Such as you can't run Spartan tunes or a custom tune from a tuner that was setup for a dash daq. Same goes for sct.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts