Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been hearing about a few mods i can do to my truck. like the ten k mod to boost my oil pressure up and the idm mod. how much difference does it make and if anyone has any info on how to do it let me know thank u

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
the 10k mod is kinda pointless. some trucks use a 10k others will use a lower value or higher value....... in the end a custom tuned chip will give you permagrin and the 10k will give you ....nothing.

idm mod I have read does make alot of difference...... I still would like to have my idm modded.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I just threw my modded idm in my buddy's truck and there is a noticable difference on the low end throttle response.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
ok for the 10k if you dont have a chip its great, do the 10k then save your $ for a real chip then take it out. good power gains and better throttle response. and to mod your idm if you know how to solder then youre fine. it took me 10 min to do mine once i got the cover off, and yes it did make a big diff and only 1.00 for the risistor. also look into doing the fuel pressure regulator shim/mod. boosts the fuel press. the 6637 intake is great as well. also if you dont have a full exhaust from the turbo back get one...the best 300 bucks you can spend. got mine from diamond eye. just less then 300 to your door.

·
Terminator Nation
5,119 Posts
Gut out the EBPV and remove the operator from the pedestal after electrically disconnecting it. Installing a downpipe is a must and removing any other exhaust restriction (while using a muffler or not).

The Tymar style intake filter setup works better for filtering and performance.

If you use the 10K resistor, it works if you do not have a chip. 10K is usually the lowest value that works on a OBS, 5.6K works on the SDs. Use of lower values, the engine tends to lope a lot.

Almost any electric fuel pump system works better than the stock mechanical fuel pump.

The use of synthetic oil may increase performance/fuel milage if you select the appropriate grade/weight of oil. But it's relatively expensive and would usually need a bypass oil filtration system to make it worthwhile.

Check out the throttle position sensor for voltage output 4.0 volts or higher at full throttle. Any less and the pcm may think full throttle is not being called for. My truck using a cheap engine diagnostic tester was reading 100% throttle with only 3.5volts TPS output. I set it to 4.3 volts using AutoEnginuity diagnostics. But don't set it above 4.5 volts or the pcm defaults to idle mode.

The usual chip/intercooler/injector/more oil (big or medium) route works too.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank you i did the idm mod i swapped it with a friend of mine and it made a noticable difference in response and low end power and less lag i wanna do the ten k mod but i wanna know what wire to put it on

·
Registered
589 Posts
where is the idm located?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts