Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Modified stock grill

3K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  pstroke96 
#1 ·
We had a little extra paint so I figured I would try this out.

Saw a post where someone had done it last week and it really sets the chrome off and the clear lights.

Only had a cell phone at the time here are some pics
Its an acrylic enamel paint, we were spraying something else and had some left over.I also removed the smoked bug shield and painted that same color it was looking worn out

See less See more
#4 ·
Looks great. Makes me want some clear headlights, and I like how you went for the glossy look.
I agree ford should have painted the grille black from the factory, the argent doesnt agree with the bumper trim very well.
Here's a shot from when I painted my grill black. I used Krylon Fusion for plastic, that stuff works great.

#5 ·
the clear lights really set off a white truck.

I painted bug shield too, it was old and worn and covering a ding in the front of hood. So without fixing hood and painting etc. I descided to repaint the shield for now so It does not look so bad

#8 ·
I painted mine last april. No chips yet.

#7 ·
I did mine with semi gloss. Just made the chrome really pop. I think I just Kylon rattle can. never had a problems with it peeling or chipping

#10 ·
How long does it take to mask off the chrome part of the grill?

#12 ·
ok, thanks!!

#14 ·
I've a white pickup so i went with white rattle can. That and clear headlights makes the front end look kinda bleached.

#15 ·
mine might have taken 30 min. but we have been doing alot of painting and masking so we work pretty fast and 2 people working on it mixing paint etc.

It shouldnt take more than 2 hours if you take your time and rattle can it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.