Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Powerstroke n00b
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i found a good deal on a modded h2e for a 2001 7.3 and i was wondering what all is required to get it into my obs.

also was wondering what the best "supporting mods" would be for the turbo. i see everyone saying stage 2s but I cant find threads about anyone using stage 1s with it and how well it did. and how pertinent an intercooler would be to this turbo.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
It doesn't matter on the year for the turbo. The parts that you will need for the obs is the mount kit. They use different up pipes. Check out Hypermax for a kit. make an account and you'll get a discount price.
best mods would be electric fuel with regulated return, hpop is always a good mod, and injectors really depend on what your end goal is.
Intercooler will help with egts.

·
Powerstroke n00b
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok. The guy has the mounting kit for it in the superduty. What would be required to get the uppipes from the superduty to work?

·
Powerstroke n00b
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so in your oppinion do you think 1200 for the turbo and the uppipes and the pedistal are worth it?

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
depending on the "mods" done to it it will work great with stage 1's..good price also!

·
Powerstroke n00b
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
depending on the "mods" done to it it will work great with stage 1's..good price also!

I have a lightly used modded h2e hypermax turbo setup for a 7.3 powerstroke it is a 66/71 and I have a 17cm and a 19 cm exhaust housings. What u see is what I have uppipes and pedistal, turbo w/ 2 exhaust housings, and the return oil line. I bought this used about a year ago and never used it.

thats the add

·
Registered
157 Posts
I had an intercooler before I had an H2E so I can't comment on what it's like without an intercooler. I did run my H2E with Stage I injectors and I could set the check engine light if I really got on it. I don't remember if I had the modded H2E and Stage I injectors at the same time. I do know with the modded H2E and Stage II injectors I have a much higher top end. Before, I'd be strung out at about 70 MPH (this is with 4.10 gears) while now I can easily get to 75 MPH and not even know it.

Stage I injectors with the modded H2E is a good combination. I wouldn't run it without and intercooler though.

·
Powerstroke n00b
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the input. Im seriously leaning towards it. I just bought a truck from texas with no motor or trans thats spotless so ill be swapping my motor in it. And when i pull it out i want to do intercooler turbo and injectors

1 - 9 of 9 Posts