Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002 F-350
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What should be my first mod? I was thinking fuel delivery or trans cooler. Or is there something else I should do first? Also has anyone done the new seat covers or am I better off having them redone?

·
Registered
1997 F-350 CCLB 7.Tree
339 Posts
What should be my first mod? I was thinking fuel delivery or trans cooler. Or is there something else I should do first? Also has anyone done the new seat covers or am I better off having them redone?
I take it your talking about your 03 F-350? I would do basic maintenance on the truck before doing any mods, full oil change, new filters, check all steering, suspension ect.

·
Registered
2002 F-350
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m glad you responded with my rig because it’s actually a 2002 fat fingers I guess. The first thing I did was change all fluids and filters with the exception of the trans filter that was done 5000 miles ago but I did change the trans fluid. My big concern is that there a common issue or problem that I should address right away before I have a major failure.

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
I would say that the first things to do would be to take care of your issues first.

Then a set of gauges and a tranny cooler, look for a 6.0 cooler as that seams to be the best.

The stock fuel delivery is just fine for most injector upgrades.

A open air filter would also be good. Two popular ones are the Fords AIS and the DIY Tymar.

Then start looking at the power mods.

·
Registered
10 Posts
ALL UPGRADES start or finish with an upgraded exhaust. Four inch appears to be the size that draws the attention, mine is four and i like it. looks nice and civil. Prices are all over the place , an open muffler can't hurt and it is civil noise with benefits. Never seen a bad system, if it sticks out from under the truck you have it going the right direction.. The Gov

1 - 5 of 5 Posts