• Synthetic only.

Votes: 28 87.5%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to O'reilly's Auto parts today and found their running a spring special on Mobil 1 5w40 truck oil. Normal price is $28.99, but the sale price is $19.99 which is pretty decent. The sale is good through March 29, 2011.

Just an FYI... :D
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Registered
545 Posts
Mobil also has a $4.00 a gal rebate going on. Not sure if it's for syn but worth checking out.

·
Senior Veteran Member
937 Posts
Yep, the store here has that add too and I will stock up.
I like that oil and have run Mobil 1 in all my vehicles. I began 18 yrs ago in my Porsche and it is still running it.
I ran Dello for 220K miles in my truck then changed to Mobil 1 12K miles ago and the truck runs better on the Mobil 1.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like getting a good deal. Especially since oil continues to go up. I have stocked up too. I have enough for 4 more oil changes. I contacted Mobil about shelf life and they recommended not more than 3 years, so I'm good there.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Mobil also has a $4.00 a gal rebate going on. Not sure if it's for syn but worth checking out.
I'm pretty sure that rebate is for Delvac only. I bought 4 gallons of the Delvac for $9.87 each at Walmart and will mail in the rebate form tomorrow. Pretty good price for a good oil.

·
peterbilt'in
1,188 Posts
Dam, they dont sell the oil on line!

i need a few more gallons of the 5-40 especially at that price!

·
Exploding the magma
581 Posts
Dam, they dont sell the oil on line!

i need a few more gallons of the 5-40 especially at that price!
:whs: That is an awesome price on a great oil...eh well I just got Delvac at Wally World for 9.87 or something like that a gallon...plus a $4 rebate...not bad...yeah I am that cheap!:D

·
peterbilt'in
1,188 Posts
yeah, i run the synthetic 5-40, but its 24.50 a gallon. and walmart is supposedly stoping stocking it here because it doesnt sell enough. so back to rotella 5-40 ill prob have to go. because im not going to pay 8$ a quart.

·
Exploding the magma
581 Posts
yeah, i run the synthetic 5-40, but its 24.50 a gallon. and walmart is supposedly stoping stocking it here because it doesnt sell enough. so back to rotella 5-40 ill prob have to go. because im not going to pay 8$ a quart.
Bummer but Rotella 5w40 is pretty good too, pour point is just a touch higher, everything else is pretty much the same.

Say you didn't happen to sell a fuel tank tool box combo to a guy in a blue dodge like a year ago ro so did ya?

·
peterbilt'in
1,188 Posts
Bummer but Rotella 5w40 is pretty good too, pour point is just a touch higher, everything else is pretty much the same.

Say you didn't happen to sell a fuel tank tool box combo to a guy in a blue dodge like a year ago ro so did ya?
Do believe it was a blue single cab, long bed, cummins powered unit. nifty fass fuel pump.

down to the park and ride, exit 2 or something down south there.

happen to be you?

·
Exploding the magma
581 Posts
Do believe it was a blue single cab, long bed, cummins powered unit. nifty fass fuel pump.

down to the park and ride, exit 2 or something down south there.

happen to be you?
Yep that was me, in the middle of getting rid of the dodge. Just signed the bill of sale on a 02 f350

·
<----Nice headlights!!!
1,868 Posts
I got some too. Unfortunately the RP gear oil was still 18.99 a quart.

Ive been told by a couple of reliable sources(one being a mobil salesman) that the 5w40 full syn was sold under the name Delvac Full Syn but due to marketing reasons was renamed to Mobil1 Turbodiesel 5w40. Its what I run in my truck. It smoothed it out alot and the cold starts were muuuch less painful.

This is gonna make some people laugh but the first 1/4million miles on my truck were lubed by Pennzoil 15w40, 10w40 when I couldnt find the 15 pour weight. It was scary sometimes in the winter starting that sob. This past winter I NEVER plugged my truck in once. Two glowplug cycles and away we go.

·
peterbilt'in
1,188 Posts
Yep that was me, in the middle of getting rid of the dodge. Just signed the bill of sale on a 02 f350

what a small world. welcome to the PSN

theres been a few times ive kicked my self for selling the tank, but i only need that much fuel once in a great while anyways.

·
peterbilt'in
1,188 Posts
I got some too. Unfortunately the RP gear oil was still 18.99 a quart.

Ive been told by a couple of reliable sources(one being a mobil salesman) that the 5w40 full syn was sold under the name Delvac Full Syn but due to marketing reasons was renamed to Mobil1 Turbodiesel 5w40. Its what I run in my truck. It smoothed it out alot and the cold starts were muuuch less painful.

This is gonna make some people laugh but the first 1/4million miles on my truck were lubed by Pennzoil 15w40, 10w40 when I couldnt find the 15 pour weight. It was scary sometimes in the winter starting that sob. This past winter I NEVER plugged my truck in once. Two glowplug cycles and away we go.

one hell of a difference here between 15-40 and 5-40. my neighbor is old fashion and wont let me convince him to run 5-40. he bought the truck new in 99' changed the oil every 3.5-4K miles with Rotella 15-40. last winter he had around 140K i was 160K all oem original parts for the both of us, my truck running the 5-40 would start no problem with 10 second count of the Gp's in 0* weather, he would have to be plugged in anything below 30, at 0. it would be luck if it started and stayed running.

·
Registered
3 Posts
post edited.

We have sponsors that sell schaeffers products therefore you are not allowed to sell them on the forums unless you too become a sponsor! You are more than welcome to answer any questions about schaeffers products, but thats it. By the way, i too am a schaeffers rep.

thanks, luke

·
Registered
378 Posts
Are you a Vendor on the site?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Mobil 1 is back on sale at O'reilly Auto Parts.

The sale is good June 29 thru July 26, 2011.

$19.99 gallon pretty decent price for good synthetic.

[/IMG]

1 - 20 of 27 Posts