Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have worn out the search button. I have found problems similar to mine but so far nothing has helped.
My truck will start up idle fine for a second then it sounds like a cold 7.3 for half a second with a white fuel smoke(I watch the rail psi drop off completely when this happens and come right back). Then the smoke goes away but the miss starts and it governs out at 2500 rpm. It is not constant it dose this when ever it wants. Sometimes I can shut it off restart and it will run fine, sometimes not. The truck is throwing a u0100 and u0115 from what I have read these are nothing to worry about. But I have also heard that SCT won't pull p codes?

I have no cule at this point. Any info or help or direction would be greatly appreciated

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
When is the last time fuel filters were changed? Cold enough to start gelling? Ive been told once the fuel gels, you have to replace the filters

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Filters are not very old. It has not got cold enough for diesel to gel. As soon as I can find another scanner I'm hoping it will tell me something more. I was listening to it yesterday, it sounds like the driver side rear cyl is were my miss is coming from. I guessing cyl 8 is what that is.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I took my truck to theford dealership in town. I returned my truck to stock, took the program off put the DPF back on but not the muffler and tail pipe. They say it needs the tail pipe on there before they can do anything. WTF I'm calling bs. I have a feeling I should not have taken it to them.

I did remember that I broke one of the sensors on the exhaust not the temp sensors. It's got a little black hose on it idk what it is or called? I told them to replace it and see if that will get it were they can fix the first problem.

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
So I took my truck to theford dealership in town. I returned my truck to stock, took the program off put the DPF back on but not the muffler and tail pipe. They say it needs the tail pipe on there before they can do anything. WTF I'm calling bs. I have a feeling I should not have taken it to them.

I did remember that I broke one of the sensors on the exhaust not the temp sensors. It's got a little black hose on it idk what it is or called? I told them to replace it and see if that will get it were they can fix the first problem.
That is your dpf pressure sensor, you difinately need it, but i dont think that is going to fix your problem.. Also, are you on the same tank of fuel that this has been doing it on, or has this happened over several tanks?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It has done it over several tanks. And the pressure sensor being broke in addition to the original problem Is to much for them I guess. I just want the miss fixed not the damn DPF as soon as I get it back it is coming right back off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts