Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question and it's driving me crazier than I already am ha. 06 powerstroke 6.0. When it first cranks in the morning, it runs smooth as silk, but at exactly 92 degrees ect, it's starts to miss and when it starts missing, i can hear a loud sounds like injector knock. Like I said, Everytime it's at exactly 92 degrees. Has Warren injectors. Anybody have any ideas? No codes. Also if I shut it off and maybe go in a store or something and when I crank it back, I have to push the throttle over half way for it to crank. The icp, hvop and ipr pressures are all in normal range.

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,087 Posts
First, pushing down on the accelerator pedal doesn't do anything to make it start more quickly.

Watch the FICM MPower, LPower, and VPower voltages when cranking and when at idle. Post the numbers. Be aware that a FICM can have good voltage and still be bad (logic board can fail without indication).

We will take you at your word that the high pressure numbers look good, but it would be better if you post the numbers. Not posting numbers is like taking the truck into a mechanic and telling him not to look at certain things. A good mechanic will get the numbers anyway just to be thorough. Edit - looking back at your previous post, it looks like the high pressure oil system is ok (as long as the numbers are still about the same).

As posted previously, the SCT is a poor code readers and the Edge is just so-so. Did you get ForScan?

Previous thread:

https://www.powerstrokenation.com/forums/10-6-0l-power-stroke-technical-info/566653-2000rpm-up-misfire.html

IMO it very well could be an injector. While Warren has great customer service, there are a TON of posts of people having issues with some of his injectors.

You may have to take it to someone who can do an uncompensated power balance test.

The input from an even earlier thread sort of pointed at an injector:

https://www.powerstrokenation.com/forums/10-6-0l-power-stroke-technical-info/564927-misfire-above-800rpm-no-misfire-codes.html

Lastly - every 6.0L owner needs a fuel pressure gauge to protect the expensive injectors.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will check them tomorrow. Yes It put a fuel regulator on it, 65psi and has plenty of muscle behind it with a titanium series fass pump. This truck is not stock by no means. I've done alot of work to it. And as far as pressing the accelerator, if I don't press it almost all the way, it just won't crank. Trust me, I've tried many times. Acts like it's not giving it any fuel. Also every once in a while it will throw a pedal sensor code. I've replaced it with the whole pedal assembly and still does it. I got to goin over everything again and seems like multiple injectors, if not all have a random miss fire. So could it be the ficm? Ficm voltage is 48.7-49.2. I cannot find anybody around here that has that type of diagnostic tool. The one have have will not do the buzz test.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Operating temp at idle: ipr 41℅ - icp 1392psi - ficm sync 1 - ebp is 0. I will have to get the other readings tomorrow.

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,087 Posts
The hot idle IPR reading should be 30 or below, and the EBP should read near atmospheric pressure at idle. That said, the EBP could be a "gauge" pressure instead of absolute (psig vs psia). What are you using as a scan tool?

Also, can you post ICP volts at operating temperature idle?

·
Registered
44 Posts
That is the problem with tunes, they mess with the readings and make troubleshooting difficult
the voltages however are usually accurate

Just looking at your numbers, would say you have a high pressure leak
the voltages may tell a different story

1 - 8 of 8 Posts