Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 6.0 runs smooth at idle most of the time but if I get it over 800rpms it misses. I can barely let off the throttle to get it back under 800rpms and it's smooths back out . Does not throw a misfire code. Any suggestions? Thanks to any replys.

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,164 Posts
What year 6.0L?

Try running it w/ the ICP unplugged.

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,164 Posts
Key on - .2v
Idle - 1v
High idle - 1.6 to 1.8v

The sensor operating range is .15v to 4.7v.

Hard accelerations can get you above 4 volts, which is over 3000 psig.

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,164 Posts
I doubt it. Why pick that one out?

It is more likely to be an injector, or fuel pressure, or possibly even an issue with the high pressure oil.

When you say that the ICP voltage is 1 to 1.8, it really means very little without knowing the run conditions associated with it (rpm, speed, acceleration, etc). Also, you need to record the IPR % duty cycle with the ICP voltage so we can see what the computer (PCM) is trying to do. ICP desired would be a good thing to see also.

·
Master BS'er
5,931 Posts
I would guess an injector too, for sure. Maybe compression, but that's easy enough to check. Besides, compression is lowest at idle, so I really doubt that's it.

Low ICP is something that would effect all cylinders. Same for fuel pressure. So run a contribution test or a drop out test and see which cylinder(s) are missing. Once you do, run a compression check for the cylinder(s). If that comes back good, replace the injector. All of them would be better but thats up to you.

It could, technically be a control issue, say a wonky ficm or something. But that's highly unusual and I doubt you have the tools to check for that anyway.

Just my thoughts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts