Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone went from just power mirrors to having heat signal and power? I have a 2001 with the little mirrors but want everything.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok cool so all i will have to do is splice into my turn signal wire and running lights? Then just have the heat on an aux. switch?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ok cool so all i will have to do is splice into my turn signal wire and running lights? Then just have the heat on an aux. switch?

That is correct.

I pulled the front turn signals off of the truck and got my power for the mirror signals there. Easy access and a straight shot back to each door. Soldered the connections and sealed them back up with heat shrink tubing and ran the wires through a small loom.

There was a wire under the dash on my brake control circuit that wasn't used for anything so I used that for the power for the marker lights.

I added a circuit that is operated by a relay and controlled with the ignition switch for power for the mirror heat and a few other options. Each branch of that main circuit is fused and controlled with a Carling switch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts