Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I really need done help. I'm hoping someone can come through! If not here I guess nobody can. I have 08 my drivers side mirror has chrome on back it's heated, extends, and folds by power. I got hit Saturday night and busted the plastic piece. I called ford they won't like 1300 hundred for it. I have called everywhere. I found one but it has memory and I'm pretty sure mine doesn't . The guy said it prob wouldn't work the wires would be different. I can't make myself pay 1300 for one mirror. Supposedly that is a one year mirror and no after market company makes it. If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. Thk guys for any help

·
Registered
750 Posts
Which plastic piece did you break, the whole thing is plastic? Just some parts can be changed and others, not so much.

·
Registered
108 Posts
i smacked mine 2 years ago on a sign going like 40 and it took the mirror almost clean off. It was dangling by the wires outside my truck. went through insurance because it dented my door, they tried to replace the mirror with a cheaper aftermarket one, it never worked, took it back in and insurance had to foot the bill for a brand new mirror. When you order them from ford, the caps are not painted either, you have to color match them. My truck is green and the auto body place had to paint the new cap. you might be able to order just the cap, but it will be black.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ye but mine is chrome on the back. Far as I know it come from factory like that. Ford is telling me they did make the mirror with chrome it was one year mirror 1300. I just really can't pay that

·
Registered
108 Posts
oh yea.. 1300 is right.. thats how much my OEM one was on the bill that went to the insurance company... it was like 3500 total to fix the mirror and the dent. all cuz i was trying to reach for my Copenhagen in the passenger seat and wasn't paying attention to the road.

·
Registered
406 Posts
the chrome piece just snaps on there

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What you mean snaps in? It comes with the chrome right?

·
Registered
406 Posts
thats extra its comes black you replace the top peice with the chrome peice

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So what you are telling me if I find a blabk mirror and I buy, then i can put my chrome piece on it? My chrome is fine. The only thing it busted was the black plastic on bottom. This for your help man.. This has been a headache! Lol.. FYI my insurace is paying for it just still can't justify 1400 for a mirror ugh lol

·
Registered
271 Posts
I don't think they go together like that. As far as I know, the back of the OEM black ones are all one piece and will not accept the chrome or painted cap.

·
Registered
406 Posts
that black piece either comes off and the chrome goes on or it goes over it bud i replaced my driver side in 2011 and i rememeber having to get that chrome piece for it

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I tell ya I been hearing good stuff about some of the aftermarket mirrors. I'm starting think maybe I buy a set and then sale my passenger side mirror lol maybe I get 1400 lol. Honestly I have thought about just getting aftermarket black for both side then having them color matched ? What y'all think?

·
Registered
406 Posts
you have any pics of your truck ?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes hundreds I just don't know how to upload them on here.. I have tried never works lol

·
Registered
406 Posts
when you want to attach a photo go to the button on the botttom of the thread that says post reply and a bigger screen will open and then there is a paper clip symbol click that and you will be able to upload a pic that way

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
when you want to attach a photo go to the button on the botttom of the thread that says post reply and a bigger screen will open and then there is a paper clip symbol click that and you will be able to upload a pic that way
Danm I finally got it too work! Thks a lot spence! You have been more than helpful!!

·
Registered
406 Posts
your welcome

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Is that the same mirror you thought it was?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts