Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Mirror wiring harness

2K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  Arisley 
#1 ·
Not to be Repetative or ignorant about this question but, there are wires comming from my mirrors and I'm not sure what they are for? I know they are not turn siganals and lights, but I don't know if they are to move the mirror electrically, or heated? I'm hoping they're heated and if so how to I put the heat to them with a rocker switch?
Here are some pics of the mirror and wiring, any info is appreciated!

And

See less See more
#4 ·
Adjustments. Up, down, right, left. On a '99 you have to run an additional wire from ign. switch for heat.

#5 ·
ditto they're just for the electronic controls. if it was heated youd have two additional wires... a black (ground) and a black/white stripe.

#7 ·
Easy to run a new wire for it though. and you can buy the connector pins at radio shack. You can even run it through a switch, so you can choose when it is on or off.

#8 ·
So the mirrors have the heat thing in them, all I need is the wiring?
Could someone explain to me what I need to do to get heat to them

#9 ·
Just run a key on power wire and a ground, you can run the power wire through a switch mounted on your dash.

#10 ·
yea but if the mirror doesnt have it installed, you need more than just a wire.. thats the problem he just has mechanical mirror controls in the mirror itself no heat or lights. so if you replaced the mirrors with mirrors that have the heat function then yes its simply run a wire.

#12 ·
Ok that's what I thought, I was getting a little confused for a second. I know I need new mirrors with heat in them to get that now! Thanks:swordfight:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.