Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of upgrading the mirrors on my '01 to the '05 style heated with marker/signal lights. I've already modified my connectors and run my wires, I can handle the heater and marker light hookup but I'm wondering where to find my power source for the signal wires? The truck has the towing prep option if that helps. Thanks!

·
Registered
616 Posts
You need to tap into the wires from the turn signal switch. should be able to trace them down to the bottom of the steering column.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I think I found the plug that comes down from the switch. I kind of anal about cutting in to the factory harness for some reason. I disassemble the plug connection and solder a tap wire to the desired connector and reassemble the plug. Crummy weather and working outside has made this a bit of a drawn out affair

·
Bobs 7.3
2,852 Posts
Thanks guys, I think I found the plug that comes down from the switch. I kind of anal about cutting in to the factory harness for some reason. I disassemble the plug connection and solder a tap wire to the desired connector and reassemble the plug. Crummy weather and working outside has made this a bit of a drawn out affair
Thats a good,solid way of doing the tap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts