Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Learning from PSN
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to install the 03 to 07 mirrors on my 99.5 , but don't want to hard wire them. What is everyone useing for a connector at the end of the door harness? Is this the factory end connector? It,s hard to tell. Also can someone help direct me to the right wire diagram thread. I did a thread search and can't find it. Hope this isn't a redundant couple of questions.

Attachments

·
GoNavy!
3,077 Posts
Yes that is it... I installed 05 mirrors on mine. Different plug but the wire colors are pretty close.

·
Learning from PSN
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.

·
Learning from PSN
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Learning from PSN
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got the factory E99 round plug. I want to switch over to the '03 to '07 style. Want to be able to plug and unplug if needed. Also figured if I got the door harness end connector it would be easier to hook up all the ends of the wires that I would have to run to the mirrors.

·
Registered
14 Posts
It's been a while since I have done this. If I understand, you have a 99 with power mirrors and want to install 03-07 mirrors. Ford has a conversion harness from the round plug on the truck to the straight plug on the newer style mirrors. You will need to run a wire for the light in the new mirrors. Can't help with that. Still haven't done this.
I'll try to find the old receipt with the part #'s tomorrow.

·
Learning from PSN
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks. That would make things easier. Running the light wire shouldn't be too hard.

·
Learning from PSN
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got 'em. Thanks. I'll call the Ford warehouse I deal with Monday.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts