Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to upgrade the mirrors on my 2006 F-250 Lariat FX4. My current mirrors are heated, have the turn signal, and have a full chrome bezel. I like the 08 mirrors as they have more glass area, and the half chrome/half black housing is aesthetically more appealing. Are the 08 mirrors "plug and play" on an 06? Is the wiring plug compatible? If not, is there a harness adapter available?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I would like to upgrade the mirrors on my 2006 F-250 Lariat FX4. My current mirrors are heated, have the turn signal, and have a full chrome bezel. I like the 08 mirrors as they have more glass area, and the half chrome/half black housing is aesthetically more appealing. Are the 08 mirrors are "plug and play" on an 06? Is the plug compatible? If not, is there a harness adapter available?

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
I purchased the 08 style mirrors from Ebay for our 2001 Excursion
The mirrors are heated and power on the excursion
I was expecting to have to cut the pigtails and run my own connectors on the mirrors, thinking 01-08 would be way different
I was also expecting to have to run a single wire from each mirror, through door and to the dash to pickup the turn signal wires
Both were false
Ebay mirrors came with adapters to make them plug directly into 01 Excursion
Also I was happy to find the excursion pre wired for turn signals
All I had to do was bolt them on and plug them in
Not bad for $142 for a pair shipped

My guess is your 06 will be plug n play

·
Guilty on all counts
339 Posts
Hey 410Customs, I am looking for a set of 08 mirrors for our 2000 Excursion. Would you mind sharing that link? Price looks great too! Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts