Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought up this wild idea driving home tonight. I know that tough country's 2.5" leveling kit rides really rough. I was thinking what if I used the drop brackets and got some mini packs for a 99-04 from Icon? This would keep the ride the same if improve it because I wouldn't nail the bump stops all the time. What do you think? I'm not doing the D60 swap fyi.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
The mini packs for MAXX LIFt are good and cheap IMO

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
You will need drop brackets for your TTB & will have to get it realigned. For the money, start looking around for a deal on a 60.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I know I can get the drop brackets separately. I'm just thinking it will do the same as the tough country kit but won't make the ride any worse.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
Yeah I know I can get the drop brackets separately. I'm just thinking it will do the same as the tough country kit but won't make the ride any worse.
You have a TTB, there is no way you can get away from a rough ride.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
I wouldn't spend a dime on a D50..save up for a D60

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I understand what you guys are saying about the ride and the TTB in general. Would this work is my main question. I know it's not the best way of doing things but I'm not about to spend $2k on a 60 and RSK. My front end has about 20k on all new parts so I'm not replacing stuff if there is nothing wrong with it. I just want a little lift so my tires stop rubbing the bumper.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Not to hi jack the thread but Im in the process of doing a d60 swap right now. im using the 350 springs and everythring. How much nicer does a d60 ride over a stock ttb? And also how much will it lift the front end? Thanks.

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
Not to hi jack the thread but Im in the process of doing a d60 swap right now. im using the 350 springs and everythring. How much nicer does a d60 ride over a stock ttb? And also how much will it lift the front end? Thanks.
With the 350 springs it will be night & day & should lift the front end around 2".

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Will ride better but nothing like a RS kit and SD springs and correctly valved Bilsteins.

Cary

1 - 16 of 16 Posts