Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
airman
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking like I'll be owning a set of XMLs pretty soon. For $350 I figure why not. I know there's afew guys running them, have you had to regroove them yet? These are suppose to have 1/4 tread and I'm trying to decide if I could buy the tool and DIY or leave it to a professional.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts

·
airman
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah the 38s and heck I know I can't clear them, yet. But I bought some half tread toyos for $300 and sent a buddy to pick them up for $50 and then he talked me into selling hem to him. I bought new tires and now he's not gonna use them and somebody is offering him the 38s for the 35s and he asked if I'd want to buy them for $350 so I said do it. They sale for $1400 a set but have a lot more tread for that price.

·
Registered
868 Posts
That looks lower than 1/4 tread to me

2005 F350 CCLB FX4

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Ya those are pretty thin... But let me know how you like them.

The guy I linked above has plenty of them so...

·
Registered
54 Posts
I ran a set of 42 inch XL's on a cummins mega cab I had. Bought mine brand new, but I'm on the East Coast and not too far off from Fort Bragg. The tires have pretty decent road manors after you get the 5,000 initial miles out of the way. They done great off road and even better in the snow. We had 14" of snow and I was driving around in it like it was nothing. They weigh a ton, but thats to be said with a 6 ply steel belt tread and 16 ply sidewall. The ones that you pictured are way less than a 1/4 tread. You will have to get a regrooving tool to get the job done right. You need to have at least 3/16" of rubber left over your belts for them to be legal after regrooving them. While regrooving I would suggest siping them in the middle of the tread to help with the wet weather handling.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.