Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know they haven't been out long, but could owners chime in on their economy thus far? I've read articles about hyper-milers getting 28+mpg over 1000+ mile trips (calculating by gallons and miles not the dummy box) so I'm curious what the realistic drivers are getting?

· Registered
2,094 Posts
id like to know as well, thanks.

· Registered
1,671 Posts
i just got mine today, i'll keeep you posted as to what i hand figure.

· Registered
94 Posts
I was able to test drive one for over an hour. We did a few power runs, a burnout or two, and just some around town driving. We reset the fuel mileage as we left the lot and pulled back on the lot with 19 mpg.

It was a CC, 4X4

· Registered
873 Posts
i have been driving a KR CC 4x4 for 2700 miles now, never hand calculated yet but the liometer sticks right around 18.5 unloaded. With my 28ft enclosed work trailor(about 8k lbs) it reads 12. My 6.4 pulled it at 8.5 and my 6.0 at 9.7 both were CC. The trailer towing is much easier in the 6.7 and more compforatable and really cant tell there is even one behind me

· Registered
1,556 Posts
Not near as much fun as when we test drove my dads roush sales man was not happy but i don't care. I am not going to spend $30 to $40 on something and not now how it runs.

You must have had a LOT more fun than me!:ford:

· Registered
72 Posts
I was able to test drive one for over an hour. We did a few power runs, a burnout or two, and just some around town driving. We reset the fuel mileage as we left the lot and pulled back on the lot with 19 mpg.

It was a CC, 4X4
If you were on it, there is no way it was an accurate reading of 19. The one I test drove said 11.9, and the one I own now says 12.4

· Registered
89 Posts
I got a hand calculated 16.1 mpg between Canonsburg, PA and Knoxville, TN. This is with stop and go traffic for construction, rush hour traffic in Knoxville and other wise cruising at 80mph. Also started the trip with 660 miles on the odometer.

· Registered
111 Posts
dont forget those mileages you see sitting at the stealerships unless you reset them, are most likely that low because they sit there at idle for awhile while people look at them and a lot of people dont go out and drive them at cruise but stop and go traffic or stoplights etc

· Registered
182 Posts
dont forget those mileages you see sitting at the stealerships unless you reset them, are most likely that low because they sit there at idle for awhile while people look at them and a lot of people dont go out and drive them at cruise but stop and go traffic or stoplights etc
:whs:

Idling & cruising around the parking lot doesnt count Mr. Salesman:mad:

· Registered
592 Posts
Not Mine BUT I Did talk to the guy driving it Does that Count :~)

At My Work of all places,i seen a Contractor driving a rental truck from Enterprise,It was a 2011 White C/C short bed XLT I told him i was on this site and fixen to buy one for Myself and ask him How many miles it had and what kinda MPG he was getting..... He said and Pushed the button while i watched 7,000 miles and 21 MPG :~) Sweet ,He kept saying It has all Kinds of power,i said i Know 400 HP and 800 Torque... he said it's got 400 HP i said Yes they just came out with the Reflash .... when he took off LOL I said Lightem Up and he stomped it :~) that Bad Boy was Smokin some tires :~)

Just thought i would Pass on the Info :~) I seen him the other day But Couldn't catch him Driving My 644K John Deere Loader that I run at work :~)

· Livin in the flatlands.
531 Posts
Have 2 friends that are running these now. Both CCSB 250's, not sure of rear ratio.
Both said that they are getting between 17-19 empty on the highway running 75-80 and around 14-15 pulling header trailers loaded.
One works for Claas and the other for Cat.
Not bad, if I could afford the upgrade I would.

· Registered
210 Posts
In general I'm getting 14.5-15 mpg with the 4.30 gears in my F-450. Towing my 10,000lb boat with a ton of wind resistance I got 10.2 mpg the first time and 11.5 mpg after the power flash on the same trip with similiar conditions. Haven't done any long freeway travel yet but I did see 19.5 mpg one time on a trip that was mostly flat. Tomorrow I will be doing a 75 mile trip on the freeway unloaded so I will be able to see how it does after the first hilly part in the first 15 miles, then I will be towing my boat back a little later the same day.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.