Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I've got an 05 f250 4x4 that I bought itbone stock with 115k on the clock, drove it for 5 months with the Bfg rugged terrains 265's. Replaced them in Colorado after one blew apart, Replaced them with nitto terra grapplers same size and went from 15.5-16 city to 12.2-13 city. Anybody else have this trouble?:confused:

·
(520)465-7971
909 Posts
Hand calculated or overhead? Its possible you might see a VERY slight difference due to extra drag and or weight from a more aggressive tire but I dont see how you could manage that much of a difference without have a brake dragging or something.

·
Intelligent Burro
450 Posts
Was your original mileage figured while driving in Colorado? Mountains kill mileage.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mileage is based off both hand calculation and what the truck says, generally with-in 1mpg of each other. The drive in colorado was back in December/January and was on the eastern flats. Fuel mileage hasn't improved and I live in Houston tx. Pretty much 75-80% city type driving.
Thanks guys

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh on a side note my brother has had the same type of mpg drop on his cummins but at first I attributed that to the bigger tires 265/75-17 to 285/80-17 (34's)

·
Registered
998 Posts
Mileage is based off both hand calculation and what the truck says, generally with-in 1mpg of each other. The drive in colorado was back in December/January and was on the eastern flats. Fuel mileage hasn't improved and I live in Houston tx. Pretty much 75-80% city type driving.
Thanks guys
The mileage drop in Colorado may be due to winter fuel.

Rusty

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have an 04 that had +1 Michelins when I bought it. a few months in I swapped out tires for BFGs and my mileage went from 15-18 down to 12-14. An Edge Evolution helped me get to an extra mpg but that tire swap killed my mileage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts