Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is what the seller told me was wrong with the motor.

"Engine does not turn over. It just wouldn't start one day and our mechanic could not find the fault code so we are selling it with that understanding that the engine does not work. Even with a jump it does not try to start and even shorting the starter leads it does not turn over"

Anyone know what this is?

·
Registered
955 Posts
Depends on the cause. If an injector hung open and dumped fuel you are probably looking at whole new engine. With a cracked head, you might get lucky and not have to do a whole lot more, but I would expect the worst. The only way I would do this deal is if you are getting a good enough deal that replacing the engine makes it worth it. Of course a lot of that will depend on your ability (or lack of) to do the work yourself. Good luck.

·
Registered
55 Posts
If you jumped the starter wire and it still would not start nor does it throw codes from ObII connection I would say its a bad ECU....turn the key to the on position and listen for a sound like a computer is starting up and going threw checks. The sound will come from glove box area closer to the top or you can pop the hood and listen, the ECU is on the passenger side of engine bay above your heater box.... Also check the fuses it could had blew a few fuses and that will do it also it happen to me last year this time of year.

·
Registered
406 Posts
did anyone try and turn it over by hand ?? my starter got stuck one time even jumping it out at the starter wouldnt turn it i gave her a little tap and away she went and had it rebuilt the next day

·
09 6.4
989 Posts
using the starter jumper wire on the fender should rule out a bad pcm. i would try to roll the engine over by hand first off to see if its locked up or not. then if its not i would use the jumper wire to engage the starter.

like said above...expect the worst when buying the truck. goodluck

·
Registered
30 Posts
I would hope either way you would get a super deal on it.
It is a GREAT vehicle and you will enjoy it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts