Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys I had an offer today now heres the details.

My truck '99
Bare bones XL 142K miles, no a/c, crank windows, TW chip, gauges, 6 spd, con ofe

The other truck '04
xlt power everything 117K 6 spd, stock other than that

Now There both regular cabs, 3/4 ton, and I get to keep my wheels and tires

If I keep my truck I have an H2E kit in the shop that will go on

Anyone went from 7.3-6.0 6 spd and ever looked back?

Thanks,
Luke

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well it is starting to rust on the rear fenderwells and you can see the age whereas the 04 looks brand spankin new

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nope straight trade

·
This We'll Defend
1,549 Posts
Well.... I miss my 7.3 but my 6.0 is pretty good too. Do you know the truck?? Have you seen what kinda abuse its been through????

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
As much as I love the 7.3L, it sounds to me that the 6.0 trade is a no brainer.

The 6.0 has less miles than your truck, has more options than your truck (power everything), the body isn't rusted out, and will respond better with just a chip than your 7.3 will.

Don't get me wrong I love my 7.3, but I think in your situation I'd be making the trade and never looking back.

·
<---Beer version of PMR's
59 Posts
Of course the 7.3 is the superior motor, but it kind of depends on what your end goals are for the truck. With the newer one you'd be getting a nicer interior, less miles, a dana 60 front axle, and a motor that puts out more hp with tuning alone. I would prolly trade trucks and put a SCT tune on it and then leave it alone and enjoy the a/c and nice interior. But if higher hp than 400 is on your mind, get that H2E and a set of injectors and be good to go with your forged rod 7.3. Of course to go much more that tune alone on the 6.0 you would want headstuds, atleast I would : )

·
Well Hung Member
635 Posts
get the 6.0 and an egr delete kit at the same time, and some head studs and never look back

·
it's an 02 05 08
930 Posts
:whs:

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I currently have both. As long as the oasis checks out, go for it. 6.0 really isn't as bad as people say. I love mine.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Why is someone willing to trade a " brand spanking new looking " truck for yours??? I would be a little jumpy about the reasoning for this trade. Just my $.02.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
he loves the 7.3 and he has plenty of money. I looked at it closer today and there are flaws but they are few and far between.

The only thing I'm worried about it I have heard the bottom end on the 6.0 seems sluggish compared to the 7.3

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok bumping this up. I drove the truck for a few hours. It shifts nice everything is tight. The body has one dent in pass. side bed, one dent driver side fender, and a few on the bottom of the door.

The interior needs cleaned BAD but its pretty clean too.

Now say I throw the H2E on my truck w/o injectors what kind of numbers am I looking at? Say H2E and injectors then what kind of numbers?

I think performance wise to get to the same number after a programmer I'm about even seeing as how I'll have under 700 in a stock H2E kit.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts