Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Banning Smut
19,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright. I gotta find tires soon out of necessity. So many of you recommended the Mickey ATZs. I DO NOT want a loud tire. Been there, done that...dont wanna go back. These things noisy? shimmy? shake etc?

I really want a tire that hooks with my new found power.

The other tire I wanted to try originally was the Hankook ATM....but now dunno.

These will be mounted on the 20" BMFs I already have.....

·
Sofa King Cool
2,827 Posts
Quieter then my terra grappers, feel more solid, waay better traction and look better

·
137 Posts
Better think about high speed runs and tires like these!

·
THE ONE AND ONLY!
2,736 Posts
Alright. I gotta find tires soon out of necessity. So many of you recommended the Mickey ATZs. I DO NOT want a loud tire. Been there, done that...dont wanna go back. These things noisy? shimmy? shake etc?

I really want a tire that hooks with my new found power.

The other tire I wanted to try originally was the Hankook ATM....but now dunno.

These will be mounted on the 20" BMFs I already have.....
What size ya looking for....if you don't want loud, go to more of a street tire....

·
owner/president
2,768 Posts
I have the Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ's and they are very quiet,no vibration and they wear very evanly.

·
WHAT???
1,833 Posts
Get the atz man. They're a great looking tire, they ride good, surprisingly quiet.... And acording to Charlie... They hook great

·
Aint going anywhere fast
3,258 Posts
I like both of those tires...But I also like the Hankook ATM. The ATZ looks more aggresive.

·
JDG's #1 Fan
3,470 Posts
I only have 285/75/16's, but there is hardly any road noise. Can't speak for a bigger tire. I couldn't be happier with them. Solid feeling tire, truck rides great. Like I said in a previous post, I have over 6K on mine and they still look like the day i put them on.

·
Banned
7,764 Posts
Better think about high speed runs and tires like these!
Sounds like you have zero experience with them.

You think I drive a 600+hp reg cab all over the place at 45mph?

LOL

They are by FAR the best handling, best performing tire I have ever had on this truck. When a tire can do a good job at staying straight and true, planting over 600hp it's a good one. With the toyo's, both the MT's and the AT's, it would wiggle and squirm all over the place under power. Felt like riding in a boat across some light chop. Not cool...

These are rock solid. And the handling is excellent. These tires also hook very, very well. With the Toyo's, even with the converter fully locked, just rolling on the throttle the truck would blow the tires off way too often, and even in the upper gears would break traction on and off with every nook and cranny in the road. The Mickey's just go. No bs.

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
has anyone wore a set out yet to get an idea of how many miles you get out of them? Strongly considering these for next spring when my terra grapplers are worn out.

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
Aggie told me he has a customer with 60k on a set. I would never see that the way I drive. LOL
haha, so you drive normal?? :evil

I got about 25k now on my terra grapplers and hoping to eek out 40k which will get me just under 2 years, I'm gonna tell myself I am happy with that lol, but wouldn't mind getting a bit more, plus they look better

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
My buddy had a set of 33/15.5-16r on his old 99 cummins with twins. It hooked pretty good for him & he had alot of 100+mph runs on the strip & street with them. Ran em for a year & they just got sold to someone else. Still looked brand new front & rears.

·
Aint going anywhere fast
3,258 Posts
WOW that's cheap!!!! only $864

1 - 20 of 89 Posts