Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

MICHIGAN anything?

6K views 147 replies 14 participants last post by  TrailerHauler 
#1 ·
When's there going to be an event in michigan?? I'd like to go watch, or dyno my truck:ford::ford::poke:

#30 ·
what city do you plan on meeting? Cause I definatly want to show up and check out everyone's rides, for a little while!

#32 ·
Probley in Lapeer, not just because it's my area but because it's not too far for everyone around here. Trailerhauler, hop onto I69 & head East till you hit M24. It shouldn't take take you too long to get here. I have to talk to my people & set up a time. Plan on TSC off of M21 right next to Wal-Mart. That's where we all met up with JohnT, even got a cop to stop in & say that we had nice trucks. :D

#33 ·
Yeah, set up a time by then I'll have my chip in and you can check it out! and I'll definatly let you know if I have any trouble and need some help...

#35 ·
We should plan to head to Silver Lake Dunes next summer. I went there for the first time in october (I think the 6 or 13... one of those saturday). I went with a buddy that had one of those VW Rail buggies. We had a blast. Back then I didn't know much about the Diesel crowd. I am actually buying a truck today 1999.5 6speed 2wd. I plan on riding the dunes with the truck. It won't be the best out there but it will cruise around... Plus I could haul my buddy's Buggy.

BTW I'm in Holland Mi for now. I'm doing an intership here. From January to May I will be down in Dayton OH going to school but then during the summer I will be back in the intership ready for some dunes!!!

#36 ·
Sounds good, but chances are I won't be about to make that. I plan on moving out of state in the spring. So I don't know, just make sure that you have tow hooks on that Dually. 2wd Duallys get stuck too easy!

#56 ·
So I don't know, just make sure that you have tow hooks on that Dually. 2wd Duallys get stuck too easy!
Its not even a dually...

I heard that the most important thing is the tire pressure. A friend with a 4x4 F250 (he rides most of the time in 2wd...) he rides with 10 psi in the tires...

#37 ·
Yeah I know, Cat! Who thinks I'll at least be able to make it across the rather flat part throught the middle to the beach?? I wouldn't even bother trying to climb the dunes but how about making it to the beach? And what possible damage could the sand do to my truck anyhow, out of curiousity??

#38 ·
The main thing with 2wd Diesels is not to stop moving once you get going. My Ma's or any other 2wd Diesel I've seen will drive right through wet grass or mud but if you slow down or stop your in trouble. Another thing is that they make you air down your tires out at Silver Lake. Not sure how well that will work with a Dually but just though I'd throw that out there. I've never been out there, we were going to go out there but the trucks weren't ready so it got called off. Just make sure that you have another Diesel or big truck out there to give you a tug if / when you get stuck.
For problems......I'd probley make sure that you cleaned everything off good afterwards & make sure you get all of the sand off of the brakes. I never really wheeled in sand, mud & snow yes, but sand no.

#40 ·
Next weekend may or may not be a go ahead, I'm going to missouri thanksgiving(thursday) and friday. I'll be home saturday and sunday... If everyone gets together on saturday for an hour I'd like to show up see everyone's rides

#44 ·
Michigan lost. Get over it.

#51 ·
A 2wd dually might make it up to the dunes. Once your up you won't have a hard time getting thru the flats and to the beach but somethings the entrance road gets bouncing and you have to slow down too much. But your dually aired down to 14 in the rear and 16 up front will do amazing things in the sand but you won't be climbing many hills. I run around all the time in
2wd for fun but can't climb much. I grew up in Silver Lake and up until last year lived there for 25 years minus college (still only 40 minutes away though!). Its a good time even when you get stuck!

Few more pics
http://good-times.webshots.com/album/560148903ItaBwp

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.