Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a stage 3 system for towing my toyhauler.

·
Ticking time bomb
2,385 Posts
I just ordered a coolingmist stage 3 get a hold of Kenny at kt performance he has a great deal going on these

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a early 99 with a 1.0 turbine housing with a wicked wheel, and a afe stage 2 intake. I have been running a ts chip on 50 horse. I have no trouble running 1300 deg.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Sounds like you just need some better tuning. You might have some other issues like an up-pipe or boost leak. I would try that out before I spent some $ on water injection.

I don't think I would put a stage 3 kit on a stock injectored truck.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
I ran a stage 2 kit with stock injectors for a long time. One of the best mods I ever did...

Cooling Mist has the best kits IMHO, and Kenny at KT has some of the best prices.

·
Ticking time bomb
2,385 Posts
Csipsd how hard was your kit to put on and yes if you want to get a kit give Kenny at kt performance a call

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
hardest part is welding the bungs on the intercooler tubes and possibly how you mount the pump. the rest is pretty easy.

·
Ticking time bomb
2,385 Posts
hardest part is welding the bungs on the intercooler tubes and possibly how you mount the pump. the rest is pretty easy.
My hypermax mount kit has two spots in the intake y t drill and tap for the watermeth .. Cale told metoo do it in the intake y

·
HP Junky
4,927 Posts
Hypermax makes the best water injection kit on the market in my opinion. Their pump will actually provide enough pressure at the nozzle to make it effective.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Hypermax makes the best water injection kit on the market in my opinion. Their pump will actually provide enough pressure at the nozzle to make it effective.

Unless its using a belt driven pump, Cooling mist has the highest PSI pump on the market. Its not just a shimmed shurflo like Snows and others...

It will hold 200psi with two injectors.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Believe Hypermax's run upwards of 1200psi.

And the cost is about 3 times what even the best cooling mist kit is...

I dont see anywhere that they show a PSI of the pump. I would like to see it. I would bet its a starter controled pressure washer pump if its putting that kind of pressures out, and they would require pump lube...

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Yep that soudns liek a small pressure washer pump. Don't some of the pullers use those on their systems.

For a DD I think itsvery hard to beat coolmist nd they should be coming out with a very neat new system soon. Hoping to hear back from them sometime in the next couple months.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
has anyone had experince with labonte systems, or snows mpg kit?

·
Registered
286 Posts
I've been very happy with my coolingmist kit and highly recommend them.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Sound like it needs wallet lube too....lol jk...sorta
Hypermax does make good chit though

1 - 19 of 19 Posts