Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was watching truck u today adn I happen to see a old show where they added a meth injection kit on a duramax. I know using meth increases HP a bit with a strong mixture of it but also helps your MPG and EGT's even more. would the 6.4 be a good motor to run a meth kit on. if i were to do this i wood run a weak mix of it probably windshield washer fluid

·
Registered
750 Posts
I've heard horror stories of valve guide damage from running meth. If I were to install a kit I would just run H2O for the lower EGT effect.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
from what ive heard meth mix is safe up to around 40-50%, so you have 40-50% meth and 50-60% water is where it starts gettin hairy, also most people say theyre best economy is with around 20 meth and 80 water. just a lil info although i havent had and will never run meth in my truck.

·
Harry Callahan
991 Posts
If I were to install a kit I would just run H2O for the lower EGT effect.
:whs:

I wouldn't run more than 20% (blue washer fluid) at most, you are asking for trouble over that. Plus make sure you research it, know what you are doing or disaster can occur. Send a pm to csipsd and ask his opinion, he is a turd but has lots of experience with water/meth.

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
I heard plenty my self of the damage it can do.... Just running water will work ?
Yes just water will work but it will freeze eazy. I have read 50/50 Is no good ..To much heat..I made a tread on this a while back and everyone said 20/80 works good and is safe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts