Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dropped my oil today to switch to valvoline blue 5w 40w and my oil pan plug had some metal shavings Kinda worries me a little the engine only has 65,000 But has had a rough life :evil

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Maybe HPOP?

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
might be low pressure oil pump, i think kevin (rescuef250) had some issues like that with his, you might shoot him a pm and ask.

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HMM Thanks for the info dustin i hope its something easyish whats a lpop run?

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
We touched based on the pm. For everyone else thats reading this feel free to ask as well. Of course Dustin had to put me on the spot shouldnt you be in the 6.4 section LMAO.

Anyways. If your Hpop was going out you'd end up with starting issues, like no start, low oil pressure on the stock gauge, it would crank but never turn over.

As for the lpop I'll discuss more on the phone with you, but for everyone else once the lpop gears eat up the front cover theres a few things that have to get replace, the sleeve that goes on the crank, the gears itself, front cover and depending how bad the Whole front cover is on the inside you might end up replacing that as well. It really depends how much damage you actually have but you really wont know till you get into it.

How does the screen below the oil valley under the oil cooler look ? Is the screen broke ? how about your IPR ? is that screen damage or gummed up ?

With shavings coming from the lpop this can cause injector issues if it gets through all the screens.

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the help kevin!!! Well i guess ill tear it apart and see what the LPOP looks like :pointlaugh:

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
LPOP isn't that bad of a job. MikeDually on the board just did it. When mine went it was LPOP gears, front cover and the entire gasket set to go with it, I have maybe 350ish in it.

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice thanks for the help...Did u have shavings in the oil Or just low oil pressure and hard starting...

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
i had some pretty big shavings on mine after i did my twin kit lol. i figured it was from me when i tapped the pan and i just didnt wipe the magnet off very good. hopefully it wasnt part of my lpop. i figure it would have went by now so im not worried. i am constantly have spool valve issues on my #6 injector though. i might pull my ipr and check the screen. i never thought of that. i have an extra ipr here anyway.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I never had any symptoms until the truck died from lack of oil.

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hmmm...Well my truck starts great but the oil pressure doesnt move while cranking untill it starts then shoots right up...it starts really quick after you crank on it...you dont have to crank for ever or anything...I guess im gonna have to pull that cover and take a look

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yikes LOL My plug had finer shavings and a alot less then that those are some shavings man damn...My shavings were super fine like fileings

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Holly #### she still ran...How did it run like ace!!!

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
Hmmm...Well my truck starts great but the oil pressure doesnt move while cranking untill it starts then shoots right up...it starts really quick after you crank on it...you dont have to crank for ever or anything...I guess im gonna have to pull that cover and take a look
mine does the exact same thing, but i have no shavings, thats the first thing i check at every change is if theres anything on the plug, but mine usually take 2-3 seconds to build pressure after the pickup is started, anyone exact reason why?

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No chit huh!! I hope to hell thats not my problem With all the nitrous she has had i dont know man...my truck still runs great...But i have a small vibration but i think i might have an injector going i had it happen once before back in warranty days...I have Cass 190s but dont want to put them in untill i get this metal problem figured out...I would hate to jack these 190s up...

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
mine does the exact same thing, but i have no shavings, thats the first thing i check at every change is if theres anything on the plug, but mine usually take 2-3 seconds to build pressure after the pickup is started, anyone exact reason why?

Ya thats what my truck does too...I think i have some gear wear on one of the pumps

·
Military/Firefighter
61 Posts
Our work truck was a '99 7.3 that had the same tiny amounts of fine metal shavings on the oil plug. Good thing they put a magnet on it (almost like they expected it to collect small metal shavings). Nonetheless we put a lotta hard miles on it and never had any major issues despite the metal shavings. If it aint broke dont fix it lol. If I did anything preventative, I would check lpop screen as RescueF250 said.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts