Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 F350 4x4 Superduty. My son changed the oil yesterday. There was metal shavings in the oil. My oil is changed every 6 months with Shaefer oil. My engine light came on a few weeks back and stayed on for 3 days. It went off after that. Don't know if this is related. Does this mean I have engine problems ??

·
Way Out West
29 Posts
First I would have the check engine codes read to see what triggered the check engine light in the first place. I don't know the amount of shavings you did find in the oil. Sometimes casting from metal parts can come off and distribute themselves in the oil. Have you noticed any other symptoms with the truck's engine?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At times when the DPF is cleaning, there is a tremendous amount of white smoke. At other times, there is none. It may burn off several times a day, or less often. I was just assuming this was normal, depending on the amount of build-up. We have not seen the shavings on previous oil changes.

As far as the codes, I didn't take it in because the light went off before I could schedule an appointment.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts