Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all I already have an open thread you can see it here high egt's / lack of power!! - PowerStrokeNation
I am at the point where my 6.0 needs work just like they all do at some point. I would like to have some feedback from you members who have done the egr delete/ egr cooler and headstuds on your own trucks. please specify how the truck ran after these parts were installed. Seems like the egr delete is the way to go because I hear it lowers temp, improoves mpg/touqre/hp. I figuer while The doing one job I might as well do them all and be done with it, would you??? Also post if you know of any good installation shops in PA. I was looking at this place. anyone ever deal here?? Liberator Performance EGR Cooler Delete

Thanks guys,gals

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
In California we have smog testing. I left my EGR in place and plugged in. My EGR cooler is in place with both ends welded shut. By all appearances it looks stock. A SCT tuner shuts the EGR system off so I do not get an engine light. It will keep your intake alot cleaner and in the long run the engine will last longer not running exhaust gasses thru it.

·
bring the chain
1,345 Posts
hello all I already have an open thread you can see it here high egt's / lack of power!! - PowerStrokeNation
I am at the point where my 6.0 needs work just like they all do at some point. I would like to have some feedback from you members who have done the egr delete/ egr cooler and headstuds on your own trucks. please specify how the truck ran after these parts were installed. Seems like the egr delete is the way to go because I hear it lowers temp, improoves mpg/touqre/hp. I figuer while The doing one job I might as well do them all and be done with it, would you??? Also post if you know of any good installation shops in PA. I was looking at this place. anyone ever deal here?? Liberator Performance EGR Cooler Delete

Thanks guys,gals
as someone like myself that does this for a living. I can tell you once you have it done! You will never look back. It will be a different animal. The truck will run awsome. Response,starting,heat,and idle quality will all be better. Stay away from black onyx junk,and non motorcraft filters. You will be fine. Stay away from shawn liberator. Hes a shady charactor.

·
Registered
39 Posts
my egr cooler just went and i was interested in some feedback also, what all is involved in the egr delete? i found this kit, EGR Delete Kit. 2006 Ford Powerstroke EGR Delete Kit
does anyone know anything about this kit? is it worth it to spend more money for the more expensive kits? is what is included in the above kit all that is entailed in doing an egr delete? i have an 06 6.0, thanks for any help/input

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well i finally got my egr delete kit installed in late april. i just took it on my first road trip and let me tell you it runs great!!! things i had done was, delete, ficim-upgrade-blue spring kit (upped fuel pressure so injectors are not starving) new oil cooler, coolant system flush, turbo cleaned. let me tell you that it is smoother & cooler running without the hot exhaust going through that heat exchanger and making the coolant hot. i can for sure see that the temp is cooler running. at idle it is smoother running and having the turbo cleaned the whistle is sweeet!!! now on the highway throttle response is more snappy and the turbo doesnt lag at all. my gf said the tourque pushes her back in her seat, and not like a normal vehicle!! crusing at 70mph and punched it an was instantly up to 90mph what a rush!! i love it. yes i have a hypermax mach 7 module in the truck.

shop that did all the work was the little power shop!! verry happy & pleased customer here!!! here is the link Little Power Shop Technical Articles

1 - 6 of 6 Posts