Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
HRT Performance
4,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since not many of you venture on down to the pulling forum I figure I would toss up a couple of pictures of the engine going into the pulling truck chassis I sold a while back.

Thread can be found HERE

·
Lovin Life...
2,900 Posts
I don't mean to ask a stupid question, but isn't there something missing from each of those intake runners?

·
Death Row Inmate #7
1,458 Posts
how well do those intake runners work w/ the sharp angles? doesn't look to friendly for airflow, but i could be wrong.. just wondering

it's awesome that another person is willing to drop the money on the 7.3 to make it really run. i wish i could afford to swap to a p-pump, but it doesn't look like i will for quite a while..

·
HRT Performance
4,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't mean to ask a stupid question, but isn't there something missing from each of those intake runners?
I know what you mean.... there is still the plenum in the head so in reality its no different than the stock setup except it has three pipes feeding it instead of 1.

·
Registered
745 Posts
There is very few of these setups out ther. Correct me if i am wrong they are all pullers right? I would love to see one on the strip. Is there any?

·
Work in progress!
390 Posts
Any kind of a ballpark figure for one?

·
All done now
22,486 Posts

·
HRT Performance
4,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Any kind of a ballpark figure for one?
30K-150K is a pretty wide open ballpark and it all depends on what you think it needs to be able to do. For instance if you wanted an 8 cylinder billet Sigma pump that lists for about $17,000 - and you don't have injectors or lines yet....

·
Work in progress!
390 Posts
Thanks HRT. Something I'm deffianately keeping my eye on. We'll see what this new job does for me in the next couple of years.

·
IF SHE DIES,SHE DIES!
127 Posts
I know what you mean.... there is still the plenum in the head so in reality its no different than the stock setup except it has three pipes feeding it instead of 1.
The original ones on STROKED OUT had runners that just shot straigt down from the plenum log. Billy redesigned these with the angle pointing out towards the turbo. Seems it would get the air in there faster, but time will tell lots of trial and error with this animal. I know Billys runs like a raped ape and we have done a lot more to our heads our injection pump and injectors, which Billy didnt do. So we shall see. Ohh and you know the "Got Turbo" we are running!:evil:ford:

·
HRT Performance
4,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The original ones on STROKED OUT had runners that just shot straigt down from the plenum log. Billy redesigned these with the angle pointing out towards the turbo. Seems it would get the air in there faster, but time will tell lots of trial and error with this animal. I know Billys runs like a raped ape and we have done a lot more to our heads our injection pump and injectors, which Billy didnt do. So we shall see. Ohh and you know the "Got Turbo" we are running!:evil:ford:
Got Turbo? :evil

·
peterbilt'in
1,188 Posts

·
IF SHE DIES,SHE DIES!
127 Posts
Hes gonna try to pull june 12 at the IL state fairgrounds in springfield il
That was the plan but not gonna happen! Damn machine shops! Amazing the time they can eat up on ya! Our first hook will be June 25 Mercer county fair in Cambridge, IL. If have time may try and find one in between, before we go to our first sanctioned pull.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts