Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
PA 6.0 PS
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any ideas or information on when we might be able to see a mechanical 6.0? I would love to be a "Guinea Pig" on this.....:D

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
I heard rumors of a P-pumped 6.0 that came out of southern NY shop. Never saw it myself though.

·
PA 6.0 PS
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Would love to be the guinea pig on the setup....i think that a "p-pumped" 6.0 with twin turbo's would be absolutely "Lights Out"......if it would hold together.....just wondering if anyone on here had heard and rumblings on someone designing a timing cover and testing one....

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Would love to be the guinea pig on the setup....i think that a "p-pumped" 6.0 with twin turbo's would be absolutely "Lights Out"......if it would hold together.....just wondering if anyone on here had heard and rumblings on someone designing a timing cover and testing one....
I have one in my basement that runs with a p-pump. How well it runs it open for debate. Doesn't have an intake built yet and just open manifolds. I am running short on money to finish it right now. You supply the "capital" and the donor truck, a manual, and you could be driving the guinea pig in about 1 month. That is if the injectors I built work the same in the engine as they did on the test bench. If they don't well that is part of being the guinea pig. Also your truck will probably have to have a 3" body lift put on it.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
If we put 800cc of fuel in that motor and then you hit the NOS, I think your 5r tranny would say no way.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
We could just cut a hole in my hood:evil
I just measured. From the flat surface between the oil cooler and the HPOP cover to the top of the fuel lines on the p-pump is 15". I measure my stock truck and only get about 12" to the top and the top of the turbo. The p-pump is driven off the back of the motor and sits so the the #1 plunger is even with the back of the head. So you would have to cut into the cowl. It does look like the plastic cover over the wiper blade motor area would clear. Just lose some metal under it and most likely have to lose the wiper blades.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
how much of that 800cc is just going to be there for show?
The calculators say the richer you run the engine the less lbs/min of air you need to make the same given HP. May need to add water to keep the cylinder temp in line and that should make more HP.

·
Captain Negativity!
3,109 Posts
The calculators say the richer you run the engine the less lbs/min of air you need to make the same given HP. May need to add water to keep the cylinder temp in line and that should make more HP.
What calculator told you that running an engine with more fuel and less air said it would make the same ammount of power?

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
What calculator told you that running an engine with more fuel and less air said it would make the same ammount of power?
you know the one that you use to size a turbo for a give application, to see if the turbo you are buying and what you want to do fit on the compressor map.

Don't know it off the top of my head but I can look for it.

something like LB/min of air need for given hp use like intake temp, A/F ratio, Rpms, engine size and what ever else.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
why do you think the big pullers smoke all the way down the track?........

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
not talking PSD stuff, 1500+hp stuff.........it takes extra fuel to do that, if they cut the fuel back to burn clean.........they make less power so what he said is correct.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts